Arabic pdf file not getting displayed properly in Groupdocs viewer

Hello,

The groupdocs viewer works fine for English documents but its not working properly for other languages. when we try to view Arabic pdf file, the file content gets modified to something else.

I have attached the original pfd file and the screenshot with the issue along with this post.

Hello,

Thank you for the request. As you know we have released a next generation Viewer library and if its possible you should migrate on it. If no - please set .UseHtmlBasedEngine(false).

Best regards.

Hi,

It is not possible for us to migrate to next generation Viewer library also we can not set .UseHtmlBasedEngine(false) as we want to allow user to copy text from viewer using .UseHtmlBasedEngine(true) and SupportTextSelection(true). Can you please provide some solution which works in existing implementation?

Thanks,
Aradhana

Hi Aradhana,

Thank you for coming back. If to use .UseHtmlBasedEngine(false) and SupportTextSelection(true) you will be able to select and copy the text from the Viewer. Please try to use such workaround.

Best regards.

Hi,

I have implemented your suggested code but the behavior is different for all the documents. Please find the demo from below link for detailed information. Here for word document I am unable to select the text using group docs viewer. Please look into the same and suggest.

Hi,

I hope you are able to find out the issue i was talking about in above reply.
Please let me know in case you need more information.

Hi,

Thank you for coming back. Since you can’t migrate to the new Viewer - before I can share this with our Product team for more detailed investigation I need to know: does you have the subscription? Could you please send in your license file to sales@groupdocs.com

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for reply.
We are in process of purchasing the licence and meanwhile we are testing the features that we require in the application.

Hi again,

Thank you for this information. Could you please also describe why you can;'t migrate to the Viewer 3.0. I strongly recommend you to migrate to the Viewer 3.0 because the legacy Viewer will not be supported and released any more. If you have any issues with the migration we will be glad to help you and if the reason is in the UI - you can use the old UI in the new Viewer, here is an example for how to.

Thank you.

Hey,

We are planning to purchase annotation library only and through that we need to use document viewer. Thus, we need some solution which can work that way.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sharing your further plans.

This is to let you know that next generation GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET 3.0.0 is in the release verification process and it may take a week or so to get it released. Like GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 3.0.0, GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET 3.0.0 will also be a UI-less backend document processing API. In fact, all GroupDocs APIs starting version 3.0.0 will be UI-Agnostic and the related front ends will be open sourced so the users can contribute and fix any issues without waiting anyone. In summary, there are following advantages of this approach:

1) Our product teams will be focused only on back end document processing engine APIs so it is made stronger and stronger to deal with various document formats.

2) The front ends will be disintegrated from the back end document processing engine APIs and will be made open source. This will allow any developer(s) to contribute / fix any front end issues themselves instantly and over the time, front end will be much more improved.

3) Although the front ends will be open source, the GroupDocs Support Teams will keep maintaining and improving them. The public developer(s) will also be encouraged to contribute to improve the front end as mentioned in Point 2 above. This will ensure that front ends are also stable and in working condition all the time.

I hope I have clarified our plans and the respective advantages. In case of any further questions, please do let us know.

Many Thanks

Hello,

We are planning to purchase Annotation and Signature libraries for our application.
It would be really helpful if you can release the latest version soon. So that we can use and implement it in our application.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for coming back.

Yes, we are about to release next generation GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET 3.0.0 library. You will hopefully hear a good news about it in the upcoming week. However, it will take sometime for the release of the next generation GroupDocs.Signature for .NET 3.0.0 (may be a month or so). We will internally discuss the status of GroupDocs.Signature development and let you know about the latest updates.

Have a nice weekend ahead.

Best Wishes

Hi Sabir,

Thanks for the prompt response.

We are supposed to integrate the annotation and signature in our application by next two weeks. So, please suggest whether we should go with the new version or the current one? And if we integrate current version of Annotation and Signature, what effort will be required to upgrade to latest version?

aradhanadave:
So, please suggest whether we should go with the new version or the current one? And if we integrate current version of Annotation and Signature, what effort will be required to upgrade to latest version?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for coming back.

I would recommend you to wait for new libraries because:

1) There are issues logged in our Issue Tracking System which belong to integration of both libraries. The root cause of the conflict is the obfuscation and it may take sometime to get fixed.

2) Even if the integration issue in the old product is resolved, the new products will be UI-less and quite different from current libraries. This will be quite tough and require considerable efforts to migrate so I don't recommend to do your implementation based on current libraries.

I apologize for an inconvenience but hopefully this little delay will let us to serve you better in the long run. Should you have any further questions, concerns, feedback, please feel free to get with us.

Best Regards

Hi Sabir,

We are waiting for the new libraries. It will be really helpful if you can let us know when the new libraries for “Signature” and “Annotation” will be released.

Hi Sabir,

We are waiting for the new libraries. It will be really helpful if you can let us know when the new libraries for “Signature” and “Annotation” will be released.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for getting back to us and we apologize any inconvenience.

Based on the latest progress and development status at our end, here are our estimates:

1) GroupDocs.Annotation: The initial version of the next generation GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET 3.0.0 (starting v3.0.0, GroupDocs.Annotation will be called ‘next generation’) is expected to be publicly available by the end of current month (April '2016).

2) GroupDocs.Signature: The initial version of the next generation GroupDocs.Signature for .NET 3.0.0 (starting v3.0.0, GroupDocs.Signature will be called ‘next generation’) is expected to be publicly available by the end of next month (May '2016).

Please stay tuned with us.

Best Regards
Hi Sabir,

We checked that the latest version of annotation is released now.
If you can let us know when the latest version for Signature will be available, then that would be really helpful.

Hi Dave,

We apologize for some delay in release of next generation GroupDocs.Signature for .NET 3.0.0. The development process of the API is yet not completed therefore you will have to wait a little more. We appreciate your patience and cooperation in this regard. Please stay tuned.

Best Regards