More options for DOCX comparison in .NET

We are using Groupdocs.comparision to compare 2 word files with following options:
var compareOptionsDelete = new CompareOptions()
{
ShowDeletedContent = true,
ShowInsertedContent = false,
};
And
var compareOptionsInsert = new CompareOptions()
{
ShowDeletedContent = false,
ShowInsertedContent = true,
};

We got 2 output file Insert.docx and Delete.docx. We read the contents of two files then fill them into 2 columns of a table of a template.
Each paragraph of the content we put in a row of table so that it will be displayed the same corresponding line despite of the different length of each line.

image.png (4.0 KB)

However, in the case of the whole paragraph inserted or deleted, the result will be wrong as above image .

My expect ouput will be like this:
image.png (3.9 KB)
I tested with Interop and Aspose and It works as my expectation. But I prefer Groupdocs .So could you add a feature (an option) to auto insert an empty paragraph § whenever the whole paragraph is inserted or deleted.

I upload our source code here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c4TIxymAN2UXahVh5cKUvAYUbusPmpp8/view?usp=sharing

Please help
Thank you,

@chinhpn

This issue is reproduced at our end. Hence, we’ve logged it in our internal issue tracking system with ID COMPARISONNET-2560.

We’ll investigate the possibility to implement this option and notify you about the outcomes.

Thank for your help, It would be great if I know the schedule for fixing the ticket because it blocks our development plan much

1 Like

@chinhpn

We will implement the fix for text paragraphs in API version 21.2. We assume that you are facing this issue only in case of text paragraphs. As there’s any further update or the release gets on-board, we’ll notify you.

1 Like

Oh, the bug happened in case of text, table as well as graphic. Please be aware of that.

@chinhpn

The basic issue is, it depends on document format and component (tables, images) in it. Moreover, in Word you could insert element above the text. So if we apply this approach for non-text paragraph fragment we could not promise or guarantee better comparison result. It is very document specific thing for graphics and tables.
As far as text paragraphs are concerned, we could implement improvement in that.

Hi.
Please update let me know the progress of this ticket. It 've been long time and this block our plan too much. Thanks

@chinhpn

We can only apply this approach on text paragraphs. There will be a separate property. once set to true, content will be displayed in the same corresponding line despite of the different length of each line. Please let us know if that will work for you.

I tested with version 21.2 but can’t see new option that you said. Please provide me with option name

1 Like

@chinhpn

This new property will be implemented in 21.3. As release gets onboard, you’ll be notified.
We’ll appreciate your patience in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as COMPARISONNET-2560) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Atir_Tahir