Why annotations drawing stops and starts again itself in Java

I started drawing some annotations, but while I was drawing it, it stopped and started again even though I haven’t left the mouse button.

Screenshot:
(https://forum.groupdocs.app/uploads/groupdocs_app/3424) (191.7 KB)
Git project: GitHub - groupdocs-annotation/GroupDocs.Annotation-for-Java: GroupDocs.Annotation for Java examples, plugins, and showcase
Git branch: master
Git revision: aeb3d5d9
Browser: Chrome Version 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit)
SO: Windows 10
Java version: 1.8.0_281
watermark-lose-content.7z (192 KB)
annotation-stop-resize-and-start-again.png (88.0 KB)

@john.mcqueide

We’ve created an issue in our bug-tracking system with ID ANNOTATIONJAVA-1337. You’ll be notified in case of any update.

1 Like

Just to share some knowledge, I figure out the problem was happening by a conflict of events, so to fix this I removed the pan events and change the rule of mousedown and touchstart event, instead of checking isDesktop variable that just look the screen size, I change the rule to apply which event if the device has or not touch events, so for desktop it will apply mousedown event and for mobile devices, it will apply touchstart event.

<div class="doc-panel" *ngIf="file" (mousedown)="!isTouch ? createAnnotation($event) : ''"
     (mousemove)="resizingCreatingAnnotation($event)" 
     (mouseup)="finishCreatingAnnotation($event)"
     (touchstart)="isTouch ? createAnnotation($event) : ''" 
     (touchmove)="resizingCreatingAnnotation($event)"
     (touchend)="finishCreatingAnnotation($event)">
  <gd-document class="gd-document" *ngIf="file" [file]="file" [mode]="htmlModeConfig" gdScrollable
               [preloadPageCount]="preloadPageCountConfig" gdRenderPrint [htmlMode]="htmlModeConfig" (onpan)="onPan($event)"></gd-document>
</div>

this.isTouch = window.matchMedia("(pointer: coarse)").matches;

It works for me, but I know how pan events work, so maybe you will have a better solution.

And this is the link that helped me to achieve this solution:

1 Like

@john.mcqueide

We surely will look into this.

@john.mcqueide thank you for sharing knowledges. Could you please also specify details about how you’ve reproduced issue, because we can’t ?

Yes, sure. Open the DevTools on Chrome, “Toogle device toolbar” button (it is on the left side of console tab), shrink the screen size to 600px width, and draw an annotation.

Bug detail: bug-details.png (44.1 KB)

@john.mcqueide thanks for the details. We’ll take a look.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ANNOTATIONJAVA-1337) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by vitaliy.rezchikov