How to load multiple files in document viewer API using Java

Hi all,

as i mentioned in a precedent post, i have to evaluate some document viewer to embed in our Enterprise Content Management Web Solution.
Groupdocs product target is Groupdocs.Total.java. and i got a trial license.

I have a lots of document to test: pdf/pdfa, odt, docx, ppt, xls, eml, etc etc.

I’d like
  1. to obtain a csv file with conversion performance for all my documents
  2. to try a viewer to understand if we can embed a viewer in our application.
At this moment i’m trying https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java/tree/master/Examples/GroupDocs.Viewer.Examples.Java for point number 1.

I’m trying https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java/tree/master/Showcase/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java-using-Servlets for point number 2.

I point out some problems:
  • point 1
    • license seems that doesn’t work
    • when i use renderDocumentAsHtml i see a lots of null pointer exception
  • point 2
    • license seems that doesn’t work (Groupdocs total is correct ?)
    • i can’t load a lots of documents with null pointer exception
Questions:
  1. am i using correct example for my purposes ?
  2. have you got suggestions ?
Thanks in advance,
Best regards
Francesco Ancona

Hi There,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the API.
Can you please tell us, which version of API you are integrating in both projects?
am i using correct example for my purposes ?
Yes, you are evaluating right samples.

Best Wishes

The issues you have found earlier (filed as VIEWERJAVA-1315;VIEWERJAVA-1316;VIEWERJAVA-1317) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by groupdocs.notifier.

If it’s the correct answer, i’m using

com.groupdocs
groupdocs-viewer

But i also tried with 3.7.0 version

For the point 2 i point out that the example viewer groupdocs-java-client sdk, works in a better way (load also pdf with size 9M).
In your opinion can i use that example for my experimentations ?
Can you give me some documentation or explain me how modules work, their differences and how can i use them.

Thanks in advance,
best regards

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for sharing the relative information.
First of all we would recommend you to use latest version of the API that is 3.7.0.
For the point 2 i point out that the example viewer groupdocs-java-client sdk
<span style=“color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: “Times New Roman”; font-size: medium;”>Can you please share link of this example viewer?
However, using the license file you provided, we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end, it works fine.
license seems that doesn’t work (Groupdocs total is correct ?)
Yes, license file is correct.
when i use renderDocumentAsHtml i see a lots of null pointer exception
We are not facing any such exception, we rendered a lot of documents (with different formats) into Html. Can you please provide the problematic file/document? Also, please tell, do you face Null pointer exception for any specific or all documents/files? Let us share some resources for your comfort:
Please go through the above mentioned resources and share your experience.
Many Thanks

Hi all,

I succeed in managing license; but there are some problems yet.

I use 3.7.0 api in Linux Centos7 enviroment (our production run in that OS).
When conversion works fine, the performances are good. But i experiment problems with different stacktrace exceptions.
So i add a file with errors experimented and files that caused the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards

Hi Francesco,

We are glad that your license issue has been resolved.
But i experiment problems with different stacktrace exceptions.
Thanks for sharing details on this issue, we shall surely investigate this issue and let you know about the outcomes.

Have a nice weekend ahead.
Best wishes

Hi Francesco,

i experiment problems with different stacktrace exceptions
We are able to reproduce this issue at our end as well. Please tell, aside this exception, do you see rendered document in the viewer or viewer doesn’t show any document?
We shall appreciate your cooperation.

Best regards

Hi all,

i gave you documents that API of this project (https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java/tree/master/Examples/GroupDocs.Viewer.Examples.Java) don’t convert in html.For instance EML file.

Instead project viewer ()https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java/tree/master/Showcase/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java-Front-End) manage to convert EML file
So it’s very difficoult making troubleshooting. Even if a ppt gave me this problem: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.b.c.d.H.
Is it a config problem ? How can i solve it ?

Cause API of the 2 project, mentioned before, should be the same; we don’t understand which is the best approach to embed our web microservice with your API.
Probably we have to override REST/HTTP API of viewer to implement exactly what we want.
What do you think about it?

Thanks in advance,
best regards

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Let us brief you about delicacy of the API. GroupDocs.Viewer for Java 3.x is a totally UI independent and back-end API that can be integrated in any Java project regardless of any framework or platform dependency.
Now, let us share our investigation's outcome with you.
a ppt gave me this problem: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.b.c.d.H.
We are not able to reproduce this issue at our end. Please find the attached output HTML files rendered from the source Registri_di_classe.ppt file (that you shared earlier) using GroupDocs.Viewer for Java 3.7.0. We would like to mention that this investigation is performed using both example and showcase projects.
i gave you documents that API don't convert in html.For instance EML file.
Yes, this issue is reproduced at our end, we are not able to render eml file and ods file to html/images. Hence, we have logged these issues in our internal issue tracking system. As we get any update from the concerned team, we shall surely apprise you.

Best regards

I tried with 3.7.0 of showcase version and noe the application works with Registri_di_classe.ppt.

Unfortunately doesn’t work with your example sample xslx, there isn’t html file converted.

Besides if i try other xslx files there is the html conversion but the page is not rendered.

Anyway, could you give me a resolution time about EML issue ?
Thanks in advance,
best regards

Hi Francesco,

Unfortunately doesn’t work with your example sample xslx, there isn’t html file converted.
We have logged this issue at GitHub. Please follow this link to track this issue.
could you give me a resolution time about EML issue ?
This issue will be resolved in the coming release of the API. Currently, we cannot share any ETA about the release, as we get any update from the concerned team, we shall apprise you.

Best wishes