Document annotation demo project in Spring Java

Hello,

When using your spring demo for the java annotation tools, I get the following error, when I try to open a xlsx file :

com.aspose.cells.CellsException: File path can’t be “”.

I’ve got the following stack:

SEVERE: Annotation throws exception: com.aspose.cells.CellsException: File path can’t be “”.
com.groupdocs.annotation.exception.AnnotationException: com.aspose.cells.CellsException: File path can’t be “”.
at com.groupdocs.annotation.api.shared.CommonApi.viewDocument(CommonApi.java:282)
at com.groupdocs.annotation.api.shared.WebApi.viewDocumentHandler(WebApi.java:237)
at com.groupdocs.annotation.handler.AnnotationHandler.viewDocumentHandler(AnnotationHandler.java:132)
at com.groupdocs.HomeController.viewDocumentHandler(HomeController.java:286)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:219)
at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:132)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:104)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandleMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:745)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:686)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:80)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:925)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:856)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:936)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:838)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:812)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
at org.atmosphere.util.AtmosphereFilterChain.doFilter(AtmosphereFilterChain.java:135)
at org.atmosphere.util.AtmosphereFilterChain.invokeFilterChain(AtmosphereFilterChain.java:96)
at org.atmosphere.handler.ReflectorServletProcessor$FilterChainServletWrapper.service(ReflectorServletProcessor.java:317)
at org.atmosphere.handler.ReflectorServletProcessor.onRequest(ReflectorServletProcessor.java:160)
at org.atmosphere.cpr.AsynchronousProcessor.action(AsynchronousProcessor.java:197)
at org.atmosphere.cpr.AsynchronousProcessor.suspended(AsynchronousProcessor.java:104)
at org.atmosphere.container.BlockingIOCometSupport.service(BlockingIOCometSupport.java:63)
at org.atmosphere.container.Tomcat7BIOSupportWithWebSocket.doService(Tomcat7BIOSupportWithWebSocket.java:67)
at org.atmosphere.container.TomcatWebSocketUtil.doService(TomcatWebSocketUtil.java:98)
at org.atmosphere.container.Tomcat7BIOSupportWithWebSocket.service(Tomcat7BIOSupportWithWebSocket.java:62)
at org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereFramework.doCometSupport(AtmosphereFramework.java:2069)
at org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereServlet.doPost(AtmosphereServlet.java:211)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:51)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at com.groupdocs.filter.CorsFilter.doFilterInternal(CorsFilter.java:36)
at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1041)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:603)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.aspose.cells.CellsException: File path can’t be “”.
at com.aspose.cells.zbip.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.save(Unknown Source)
at com.groupdocs.viewer.b.c.a.a(CellsToPdfConverter.java:21)
at com.groupdocs.viewer.b.d.a(DocumentToPdfConverter.java:83)
at com.groupdocs.viewer.b.d.a(DocumentToPdfConverter.java:112)
at com.groupdocs.viewer.handlers.a.i.getPdfStream(ViewerHandlerBase.java:264)
at com.groupdocs.viewer.handlers.ViewerHandler.viewDocument(ViewerHandler.java:553)
at com.groupdocs.annotation.api.shared.CommonApi.viewDocument(CommonApi.java:278)
… 57 more

Any clue ?

Guillaume

Hello Guillaume,

Can you please, provide us the file you try to open? Because we can’t reproduce this bug with those we have. Also, if there were some changes to the initial configuration set, please provide these modifications too.

Hi,

I’ve been trying with various excel files. None of them open. Please find attached a simple xlsx.

Here are the steps I’ve followed :

cd /tmp
unzip /home/gsaupin/GroupDocs.Annotation_1.8.0_java_samples.zip
cd GroupDocs.Annotation_1.8.0_java_samples/samples/spring/
vi ./src/main/resources/application.properties #edit basepath
sh run.sh
go to localhost:8080
Open Boook1.xlsx -> com.aspose.cells.CellsException: File path can’t be “”.

I’m running an Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS and using :
* java-1.7.0-openjdk-amd64 1071 /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-amd6

Guillaume

Hello Guillaume,

I think that the problem may occur due to the OpenJDK, is it possible for you to check the application with the GroupDocs.Annotation library on the Oracle JDL?

Hi Ihor,

I’ve tested with the Oracle JRE, and I still have the same issue :

com.aspose.cells.CellsException: File path can’t be “”.

Any clue ? This is a bit embarassing, I can’t open Excel docs !

Guillaume

Hello Guillaume,

We are really sorry that you have the issue. But we still can't reproduce your issue, we have checked your file with the GroupDocs.Annotation for Java 1.8.0 and the GroupDocs.Annotation for Java 1.8.2 and it works fine for us.
Please specify , do you get the issue for all formats of files or only .xlsx, a folder where are stored your files has access rights for viewing and changing and did you do any changes in our Spring sample?
Will be great, if you will try to check in your environment our Spring sample for GroupDocs.Annotation for Java version 1.8.2. You can download it from here.
And if you will have the issue again, please as fully as possible specify your config of environment where you are coding and where you are running our sample.

Please come back with your details and we will be glad to help you.

Best regards
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+