Can not iterate over an instance of type 'System.Object

@TerraIndexService

Please take a look at paid support helpdesk.

We’re still thinking about the option. some more insight in the issue:
The problem occurs when attempting to iterate over an assigned variable within an empty array.

Say that I have the following data:
{“MeasurementObject”: [
“filterTubes”: [],
]}

And this filterTubes array can be filled with another array - but at the moment of creating the report, I cannot know whether or not this data is filled. The following statement will work:

<<foreach [filter in MeasurementObject.FirstOrDefault().filterTubes]>><<foreach [item in filter?.filterArrays]>><<[item.name]>><><>

But this one won’t:
<<foreach [filter in MeasurementObject.FirstOrDefault().filterTubes]>>
<<var [filterArrays= filter?.filterArray]>>
<<foreach [item in filterArrays]>><<[item.name]>><><>

If we had to option to assign an typed array object (var array [] {}) or something like var = [a = b ?? new [] ] we could work with this, but this doesn’t seem to work. We need to be able to assign certain variables in deeply nested arrays.

Btw Paid Support won’t give any guarantees that this issue will be handled, or even that they will look at it. Isn’t there anyway to back this issue up, with some financial boost? That it will be fixed within 2 months ?

if just possible to fix, that there will be an Array Var like this. So that you can leave the code all the same, but when it’s null you don’t create a new Object, but a new IEnumable

<<varArray [filterArrays= filter?.filterArray]>>

@TerraIndexService

Thank you for providing the details. We kindly request some time to gather more information on this matter and will promptly follow up with you.

This will increase the duration of the reporting insanely, we have to do this filtering multiple times on a very long list. We would like to prefilter and use the parameters.

isnt there any way to get in contact, or maybe program the fix ourself?

the groupdocs product is very nice, this is the last issue before to go in production with the report…
but this breaks all of it…

I really feel like, come on; let’s do this together. Your product is better, and we are in production. Just a tiny addition of one tag…

@TerraIndexService

By opting for paid support, you can accelerate the resolution or implementation of this issue. Feel free to proceed and take advantage of the paid support option.

Hi Atir,
that’s not what your sales team tells me. They won’t give any guarantee that if we have paid support, the issue will be solved.
Please sit down together with them. I’m more than happy to pay for the paid support, but on the guarantee that this issue will be solved somewhere within 2 months.
Otherwise I’m like paying for something a have to abondan.

1 Like

We understand the importance of resolving this specific issue. Please note that it is against our policies to promise exact resolution dates.
However, we can guarantee that we will start working on it with priority. Most likely, we will be able to deliver the improvement within the timeframe you have requested.

ah perfect, i really appreciate your effort! will arrange some paid support tomorrow!

@TerraIndexService

You are welcome.

Hi Atir, do you have any updates regarding this issue or not yet? :slight_smile:

@TerraIndexService

This ticket is still under investigation/progress. We’ll notify you in case of any update.

@TerraIndexService

Have you bought the paid support? Have you created the same ticket in the Helpdesk?

Hi, yes we have paid for the support.
No i did not create this issue anywhere else, i don’t know, is there another system?

1 Like

@TerraIndexService

As you have availed the paid support, kindly create a ticket on Helpdesk. You can simply provide the link of this thread in the ticket.

Thanks, I created:
h ttps://helpdesk.groupdocs.com/tickets.php?id=253

1 Like

@TerraIndexService

Great! Your ticket has been escalated to priority support.

Perfect, thank you for all the help!

1 Like