Digital signature application compatibility with internet explorer using spring Java

Hi, I am using group docs Signature UI Application. I am trying to check the features in IE 11 but some options like delete and lock are not working when adding the signatures. Please find the attachment. Can you please let me know if the UI Signature Application is compatible with IE 11 ?

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-05 at 19.26.25.jpeg (126.2 KB)

@nites67,

We have checked the application in IE 11 and the signature features are working as expected (for reference, please see this). Could you please confirm if you are using the latest version of the application?

Hi, Thanks for the update. Below are the versions of the JS files that i am using for viewer and signature. Can you please let me know if they are latest versions ? Btw, I am using Jquery version and not angular version. In Addition, i ran the old application GroupDocs.Signature-for-Java-Spring-1.7.20, the select boxes are still as per the image which i shared.
/**

• GroupDocs.Viewer.JS
  • Copyright © 2001-2018 Aspose Pty Ltd
  • Licensed under MIT
  • @author Aspose Pty Ltd
  • @version 1.8.0
    */

/**

• groupdocs.signature Plugin
  • Copyright © 2018 Aspose Pty Ltd
  • Licensed under MIT.
  • @author Aspose Pty Ltd
  • @version 1.3.0
    */

@nites67,

Please use latest release 1.7.25. Furthermore, for new fixes, you have to migrate to Angular.

Hi, Thanks for the update. Can you please let me know which files should i change if i want to customize some things in the version 1.7.25 ? I see all the code in the below path but I am not sure if this is the only one.

GroupDocs.Signature-for-Java-Spring-1.7.25\client\node_modules@groupdocs.examples.angular

@nites67,

Are you interested in changing/customizing navigation panel? Please try these steps and share your feedback.

Hi, Thanks for sharing the link. I understood that viewer code can be changed. My case is, I have an angular application where i need to include the viewer and signature code from your latest application and make modifications like changing labels , changing styles etc… Can you please let me know if it can be done ?

1 Like

@nites67,

Did you create your own Angular project or trying to amend one of our applications? Please note that both of our Spring Java projects (Viewer and Signature) are Angular based. However, if you want to design/develop your own layout, you can do that as all GroupDocs API are UI-Independent. And in order to do modifications in any of our projects, you can follow the steps shared in this link.

Thanks for the update. Yes, I have my own Angular Application and I want to add Group Docs Angular code in my application.

@nites67,

We are investigating this scenario. Please keep track of this link. As there is any update, we’ll also notify you here.

Thanks for the support !

1 Like

@nites67,

You’re welcome.

@nites67,

Please have a look at this example. You’ll see how to integrate GroupDocs Angular apps in your project.

Thank you so much. I will check !!

1 Like

@nites67,

You are welcome.

Hi, Hope you are doing good. I have a quick question regarding group docs angular integration. Suppose, If i have to modify some things in this file groupdocs.examples.angular-signature.js under @groupdocs.examples.angular/signature , is it ok to do it ?

If not, Can you please let me know if i can do other changes apart from modifying styles and labels under group docs angular code ?

1 Like

@nites67

Yes, you can do changes in this Java Spring application. But if you are intended to do changes in @groupdocs.examples.angular/signature - npm that is not possible.

Hi, Thanks for the update. Would it be possible to give suggestion ?

I have a requirement where the requester uploads the document and add multiple text fields on the page like Name , Date, Signature etc. and submits it to the reviewers for filling it and sign it. I will be using text signature for adding custom text fields. I need to store these text fields. Similarly, there are multiple receivers who can open the document and add the signatures after reviewing it.

I am suspecting i might have to change some things in Signature code in the angular side as it is a custom requirement. I was able to do some changes in signature.js file in the older version.

Also, Is it a good option to store these signatures in the database or file system ?

1 Like

@nites67

The easy approach to edit JS is, download our packages from npm, edit or do the required changes that you want then build the project and use it locally. Your saved changes will be preserved.

It depends on your use-case or business needs. We’ll do further investigation on your scenario and get back to you ASAP.

Thank you so much for the update.

1 Like