Document conversion API for Mac OS using .NET

Hi Support.
We are testing groupdocs.conversion, latest API for MAC OS application.
I have been trying to evaluate GroupDocs.Conversion on Visual Studio For Mac
2019, by adding GroupDocs.Conversion (latest stable 20.6.0) via NuGet Package
Manager.
I intend to use the GroupDocs .net APIs on macOS.
Here are the issues that I’m facing when trying it in a Mac app:

1. Solution->Target Framework->Xamarin.Mac Modern. When trying to install, it asks
    to install the list of dependencies. When I click agree to move forward, The first
    dependency i.e. Microsoft.NETCore.Jit is not installed by Nuget. The following is the
    error in the Package Console:
    “Could not install package ‘Microsoft.NETCore.Jit 1.0.2’. You are trying to install this
    package into a project that targets ‘Xamarin.Mac,Version=v2.0’, but the package
    does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with
    that framework. For more information, contact the package author.”
    Since it cannot be installed, this is out of the way. Isn’t there any
    GroupDocs.Conversion package which doesn’t require JIT as I only need .net APIs?
  2. Solution->Target Framework->Xamarin.Mac Full (.NET framework 4.5). Only 4.5
    works as in any other version the References in the project namely “System”,
    “System.Core” and “Xamarin.Mac” are indicating in Red color.
    In this case, GroupdDocs.Conversion is added successfully via Nuget.
    Using your example code I tried the following code:
    string documentPath = @“/Users/navneet/Desktop/1.docx"; // word file from
    Office 365 for windows, same happens when using word file from office 365 for Mac
    string outputPath = @“/Users/navneet/Desktop/1-PDF.pdf";
    Console.WriteLine(System.IO.File.Exists(documentPath));// writes True in
    console
    using (Converter converter = new Converter(documentPath))// Fails here with
    exception thrown, please see details below
    {
    PdfConvertOptions convertOptions = new PdfConvertOptions();
    converter.Convert(outputPath, convertOptions);
    }
    The System.IO.FileNotFoundException is thrown stating the file Aspose.Slides is not
    found.Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 10.47.27 PM.jpg (519.5 KB)
    Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 10.47.48 PM.jpg (583.3 KB)

@sushil8282

We have logged this issue with ticket ID CONVERSIONNET-3974 for further investigation. As there’s any update, you’ll be notified.

Can you please arrange update on it?
thanks

@sushil8282

This issue is still under progress. We’ll notify you in case of any update.

@sushil8282

This issue is now resolved in version 20.8, API will work in Xamarin.Mac as well. Please have a look at this sample project - Conversion.Xamarin.Mac.zip (377.6 KB).
There are few important aspects to be mentioned:

1. The License class should be instantiated and set before calling NSApplication.Init(); in Main.cs. Have a look at this screenshot.png (64.7 KB)

2. Project->Options->Build->Mac build should have checked all Codesets.png (128.0 KB)

3. Currently there is an issue (exception is thrown) if license is not valid. We’re investigating it. So, for the moment conversion to PDF on Mac is not working in trial mode.

However, you can request a temporary license here.

Hi,

Thanks for the response and for resolving the issue.

We also have posted two other issues that were logged in by you and also needs to be resolved in order for us to continue with our project.

The links for the issues are:

1. Document Viewer .NET API on Mac OS

2. Document Merger .NET APIs on Mac OS

Thanks,

@navn999

You’re welcome. However, your other two issues are still under investigation. We’ll update you as there’s any progress.