Document conversion API usage in .NET

Hi

It’s not related to android. It’s related to PDF document font.

Hi,

Thank you for the Clarification,

PDF Issue is already in knowledge of Product Team we will update you about solution.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards,

Hi

Can you please check the pdf file in attachment. I still expiriencing hang on Convert method. It’s even not showing progress (i use 3.1.0 and progress event). The file is only hang on azure drive (And it seems like all pdf files hang there)

It’s how I open the file stream on azure.

var File = Container.GetBlockBlobReference(BlobName);
var opContext = new OperationContext();
opContext.SendingRequest += (sender, e) =>
{
e.Request.Headers[“if-match”] = “*”;
};
var FStream = File.OpenRead(null, null, opContext);

This is how i convert the stream into html.

var cfg = new ConversionConfig();
var ch = new ConversionHandler(cfg);
var options = new HtmlSaveOptions();
var htmlStr = ch.Convert(str, FileName, options)

Hello,

We are investigating and reproducing this issue, once done we will get back to you.

Warm Regards,

Hello

Thanks for your help

Found one more problem with excel which have type ‘Microsoft Excel 05/95 Workbook’. Not sure if you support it, just to notify you.

Hello,

Thank you for raising this point, currently its not supported.

All Supported Document Formats

Kindly create new thread according to query, so we can track and resolve its own status.

Warm Regards,

Hi

Ok, seems I cannot filter it out and need to handle exception. Faced the problem that I cannot identify exception (in logs it does not show the name). I found namespace GroupDocs.Conversion.Exception and some class FileTypeNotSupportedException, but class is not inheriting ‘Exception’ and I cannot catch it. Am I doing something wrong?

Hello,

We have reproduced this issue and notified Product team for solution.

Warm Regards,

Hello

How about PDF issue on azure? Did you try my example?

Hi ,

We have noticed some issues while working on your Azure Example and we discussed it with our Product Team. They are working on New release of GroupDocs.Conversion so hope fully this issue will be resolved in new version or we will inform you about your issues once it get resolved.

Warm Regards

Hi

Can you check pdf in attachments? We have some issue with displaying it on Mac (Chrome and Safari - see screenshots)

Thanks

Hi ,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing such issue.

We need some information so we can reproduce your issue and help you. kindly share information mentioned below.

1) how you created and designed this document and in which tool ?
2) Did you used GroupDocs.Conversion to convert source document into Pdf format ?
3) Provide us source document

Thanks you for your patience.

Warm Regards,

Hi

1. Was used Microsoft
Word 2016 using tables
2. No
3. See attached doc

Hello

Any news about the last problem with PDF file conversion to HTML?

We have another one problem with another PDF, not sure if the problem have the same cause.

See screen shot and attached pdf. Look at the bold text at first page
Thanks

Hi ,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing such issues. With your new file we have successfully reproduced this issue on GroupDocs.Conversion 3.2.0.
For now we have also notified this issue to our product team.Once we get any update from product team we will notify you here.

Thank you for your Patience.

Warm Regards,

Hello

I have question regarding conversion speed. Currently we have PDF files with ~200 pages. Can you suggest what server specs we should have to get such file converted less than 1 minute.

Today we got a crash on both servers. Please check and let us know what was wrong and how to overcome in future.

Hi Egormarkov,

Thank you for coming back and sharing the details.

Your question regarding server specs, we suggest to use latest high speed processor with good cache and memory which would be a good choice but we cannot suggest you any specific information for server specs for Pdf conversion of big file as conversion does not only dependent on number of pages it converts content of pages so content size and type is also includes in conversion performance.

Regarding your second question about server crash issue.kindly share some more information about this issue like your server specs , Conversion type and Example code and sample file used to reproduce this issue at our end. We will investigate on your shared file and will share our findings with you here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hi

Any news regarding issue in this post?
I’ve downloaded 3.4.0 still see the problem.

Regarding crash. I’ve found the file which got crash when i try to convert. see attachment

Hi,

Thank you for sharing details with us.

We have successfully reproduced PDF to HMTL conversion issue on GroupDocs.Conversion API 3.4.0 which is already discussed, We are sorry for this . I am creating High Priority ticket for this issue on our issue tracking system.We will update you immateriality once we get any update.

Regarding Server Crash issue we will investigate on this in detail and will update you about our findings. Kindly share your GroupDocs.Conversion License Type information to reproduce this issue at our end.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,