Docx and .odt with multi-page tables conversion in Java

Hi,
I am currently evaluating GroupDocs for document to PNG conversion.
My converter always use

saveOptions.pageNumber(1);

I found that, when the source document (.doc/.docx/.odt) has a table having number of rows occupying more than one pages I get below exception.

If I reduce the table rows and fit it in a single page, the conversion works.
Can someone please suggest, if there is any option to get it working??

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.groupdocs.conversion.internal.c.a.b.ef cannot be cast to com.groupdocs.conversion.internal.c.a.b.ee
at com.groupdocs.conversion.converter.f.k.a(Unknown Source) ~[groupdocs-conversion-17.3.0.jar:1.0_01]
at com.groupdocs.conversion.internal.c.a.b.eI.c(Unknown Source) ~[groupdocs-conversion-17.3.0.jar:1.0_01]
at com.groupdocs.conversion.internal.c.a.b.G.d(Unknown Source) ~[groupdocs-conversion-17.3.0.jar:1.0_01]
at com.groupdocs.conversion.internal.c.a.b.eI.a(Unknown Source) ~[groupdocs-conversion-17.3.0.jar:1.0_01]
at com.groupdocs.conversion.internal.c.a.b.G.e(Unknown Source) ~[groupdocs-conversion-17.3.0.jar:1.0_01]
at com.groupdocs.conversion.internal.c.a.b.G.d(Unknown Source) ~[groupdocs-conversion-17.3.0.jar:1.0_01]
at com.groupdocs.conversion.internal.c.a.b.c.a(Unknown Source) ~[groupdocs-conversion-17.3.0.jar:1.0_01]
at com.groupdocs.conversion.internal.c.a.b.G.e(Unknown Source) ~[groupdocs-conversion-17.3.0.jar:1.0_01]
at com.groupdocs.conversion.internal.c.a.b.eo.a(Unknown Source) ~[groupdocs-conversion-17.3.0.jar:1.0_01]
at com.groupdocs.conversion.internal.c.a.b.W.a(Unknown Source) ~[groupdocs-conversion-17.3.0.jar:1.0_01]
at com.groupdocs.conversion.converter.f.i.bhN(Unknown Source) ~[groupdocs-conversion-17.3.0.jar:1.0_01]
at com.groupdocs.conversion.converter.f.d.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[groupdocs-conversion-17.3.0.jar:1.0_01]
at com.groupdocs.conversion.c.i.aD(Unknown Source) ~[groupdocs-conversion-17.3.0.jar:1.0_01]
at com.groupdocs.conversion.c.i.c(Unknown Source) ~[groupdocs-conversion-17.3.0.jar:1.0_01]

@amitph,

Thank you for contacting the support.
Can you please share the problematic files and sample project with us? Because we are not able to reproduce this issue at our end. Please find the sample, output and code files attached.
Multi-Table.zip (1.6 MB)
We’ll try to reproduce the issue using the problematic files in our environment and share our findings with you accordingly.

Here is the code which I m running

public void convertToPNG(FileInputStream fis, String fileName) throws Exception {
    ConversionHandler conversionHandler = new ConversionHandler(Utilities.getConfiguration());
    ImageSaveOptions saveOption = new ImageSaveOptions();
    saveOption.setOutputType(OutputType.String);
    saveOption.setConvertFileType(ImageSaveOptions.ImageFileType.PNG);
    saveOption.setPageNumber(1);
    saveOption.setNumPagesToConvert(1);
    List<String> path = conversionHandler.<List<String>>convert(fis, fileName, saveOption);
    path.forEach(System.out::println);
}

I just want PNG output of the first page of the document.
docsdocs.zip (77.9 KB)

There are two word docs in the zip out of which one (good.docx) works and the other (bad.docx) doesn’t.
One more point:
The good.docx works but it generates two PNGs while, as per the code it should generate one.

Please give it a try and let me know what am I missing.

@amitph,

Thanks for provided all the supporting details. We successfully reproduced the issue at our end. Hence, it has been logged in our internal issue tracking system with ID:CONVERSIONJAVA-431. As we get any update on this issue from the concerned team, we’ll notify you. Your patience shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks Atir,
Awaiting for the fix.

@amitph,

You are welcome.

@amitph,

We are pleased to inform you that your reported issue CONVERSIONJAVA-431 is resolved in 17.7 version of the API. You can download this release here. If you face any further issues, please let us know.