Error opening viewer using new comparison dll

Hi,

i used the document cache method but it increase the render time of a hundred times, until several minutes if file is some hundred of megabytes. So now i explain here the main problems that are still open, taken by all the forum posts open by me:
  • There is everytime the result page on pdf compare;
  • Compare between pptx doesn’t work
  • Compare doesn’t see image differences between documents;
  • Comparison temp folder cleanup method;
  • Wrong render of some character on some pdf;
  • In eml files some date is shown wrong;
  • (improvement) render of files protected with password
  • view of pptx file is very slow
  • Possibility to get the stream of the result file on compare (choosing the difference to keep)
Don’t know which of them will be resolved on next compare release

Wait for a reply asap to refer to my chief

Gianluca

Hello Gianluca,

The new version 2.3.3.0 of GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET was released several minutes ago, and now I’ll try to process all your requests and reports, which were stated above:

GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET:
1. “There is everytime the result page on pdf compare” - fixed, please use a new “.AddSummaryPageInResultOutputEnable(Boolean)” method and don’t use old obsolete “.DisableSummaryPageInResultOutput()”.
2. “Compare between pptx doesn’t work” - fixed.
3. “Compare doesn’t see image differences between documents” - at this moment GroupDocs.Comparison is able to process and compare only textual content, it doesn’t take into account the images. We have this feature in the roadmap, but this is not a trivial one, we cannot promise that it will be done in the very near future.
4. “Comparison temp folder cleanup method” - this was not implemented yet. Feature requests usually have lower priority then bugs. But, of course, this feature was recorded and is present in the roadmap.
5. “Possibility to get the stream of the result file on compare (choosing the difference to keep)” - this feature was implemented a long time ago. You can find how to use streams, for example, here: “Compare Two Word Documents or PDF Files in C# and Display Diffs in ASP.NET”, “Working with Streams” section.
6. Ability to compare XML files without renaming them to the TXT - implemented.

GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET:
1. “view of pptx file is very slow” - can you please give us a sample PPTX file and specify, which performance speed will be suitable for you? Also, have you tried the methods from my previous post?
2. “(improvement) render of files protected with password” - this improvement was added to our roadmap, but it is not implemented yet.
3. “In eml files some date is shown wrong” - this bug (WEB-1422 - Datetimes in the “Sent” field are shown incorrect when displaying a EML file) is already fixed and it will be included in the GroupDocs.Viewer version 2.10. This version also will include a lot of other bug fixes, which were reported by you.
4. “Wrong render of some character on some pdf” - this bug also will be fixed in the GroupDocs.Viewer version 2.10.
5. Ability to display XML files without renaming them to the TXT - again, this improvement will be introduced in the GroupDocs.Viewer version 2.10.

Thanks.

Hi Denis,

point by point, for comparison:
  1. Fixed and verified;
  2. Fixed and verified;
  3. Ok
  4. Ok
  5. I’ll try this, thanks;
  6. Fixed and verified
and for viewer:
  1. It takes longer time than any other file type and for any pptx file.
  2. ok
  3. Fixed and verified;
  4. The wrong rendering of pdf document is still present in latest viewer release. Please try to replicate with the attached document here.
  5. Fixed and verified;
By tests of our quality department we found that the viewer gives a FormatException for some mht files. You can a test document here.

EDIT: by tests, we found that comparison doesn’t show thumbnails, without network errors. Please check it asap.

Thanks

Gianluca

Hello Gianluca,

Thanks for your feedback.

1. “…comparison doesn’t show thumbnails, without network errors…” - this is a known bug (DOCOMPARE-725 - Thumbnails panel doesn’t show miniatures for all types of documents), it is attached to this forum thread, we’re working on it.

2. Thank you for the file “Installazione BlueDrive.pdf”. We can confirm this bug, which occurs when trying to display a document in the HTML-based mode. Bug WEB-1597 is attached to this thread. While we are working on it, we can only advice you to use an image-based mode for such files. However, we want to emphasise that this bug is a new, the previous bug with the displaced characters in the “VisualizationProblem.pdf” file is fixed.

3. About the “Login Page.mht” file. We can confirm that “System.FormatException: The header name has an unexpected characters” exception occurs when trying to display this file. However we were not able to open this file in any other programs, it seems that this particular file is corrupted, or in fact it is not a MHT file. Can you please check it on your side? If you are able to open it, can you please tell us, which software you’re using for opening it?

Thanks and waiting for your reply.

Hi Denis,

by now the last important problem is due to thumbnails in comparison, can you give me a release date please? It’s impossible to get it by the next week?

Thanks

Gianluca

Hello Gianluca,

The bug “DOCOMPARE-725 - Thumbnails panel doesn’t show miniatures for all types of documents” has a critical priority for us, our team is working on it right now. But, unfortunately, we cannot give you an estimation on this moment. But we will release a hotfix version of the GroupDocs.Comparison, when this bug will be fixed; and you will be notified immediately.

Thanks.

Hello Gianluca,

The bug with thumbnails is fixed - we have updated the GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET version 2.3.3, please re-download it from here.

If you will find any other issues - please let us know.

Thanks.

Hi Denis,

i found a bug using the new viewer dll but i think that it’s present in older versions.
When opening a pdf document (i tried with one that have 100 pages) and clicking on the thumbnail of the second page, the big page preview doesnt change, clicking on the third thumbnail it open the second page preview and so…
Scrolling the thumbnails and open other page on the middle seems to resolve the problem.
Please try to reproduce it and give some feedback!
Thank you

Gianluca

Hello Gianluca,

Thank you for the request. We have tested latest Viewer (2.10.1 version) and the thumbnails navigation works well with 100 pages pdf document in HTML based mode and in Image based mode. Since that could you please share with us the document with which you has such issue that we can reproduce the issue.

Thank you.

Hi,

with the latest viewer version the bad pdf characters render is still present with the test document i provided to you some time ago,
please fix it, this bug is opened by a lot of time with no results.

Gianluca
Hello Gianluca,

We understand that the issue (WEB-1597) is very important for you and our product team works on the issue. When we will have any updates for it we will notify you here.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+