Thanks for sharing with us the required details via private message.
It seems that FIPS is enabled in your machine’s settings which is stopping GroupDocs.Viewer to apply the license as GroupDocs.Viewer uses cryptographical algorithms which are not FIPS-compliant.
To make sure that FIPS is enabled you can:
- Check the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\fipsalgorithmpolicy and value should be set to 1.
- Check Local Security Policy: “Start -> Run -> secpol.msc” and then go to “Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options”. On the right side find “System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing” policy and it should be enabled.
Resolution: You can choose one of following solutions to fix this issue:
1. In case you don’t need FIPS, disable it from the registry (change value from 1 to 0) or change mentioned Local Security Policy from enabled to disabled (see screenshot).
2. If you want to disable FIPS for a single application (not for
ASP.NET applications), disable FIPS with application’s config setting by adding enforceFIPSPolicy setting to your app.config file as shown below:
<enforceFIPSPolicy enabled = "false" />
3. If you want to disable FIPS for
ASP.NET applications hosted on IIS, you can do it by using separate Application Pool with the specific config file. You can do it by following below steps:
- Create Application Pool with name DisableFipsAppPool.
- Update your application to use DisableFipsAppPool Application Pool.
- Create config file e.g. “c:\inetpub\config\disable_fips_web.config” with following content.
<enforceFIPSPolicy enabled="false" />
- Grant read permissions to the App Pool (following command is one of the possible ways to do it).
icacls c:\inetpub\config\disable_fips_web.config /grant "IIS APPPOOL\DisableFipsAppPool":(R)
- Configure the App Pool to load created config file.
%windir%\System32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.applicationHost/applicationPools /[name='DisableFipsAppPool'].CLRConfigFile:"c:\inetpub\config\disable_fips_web.config" /commit:apphost
- Restart IIS.
NOTE: All commands should be executed as Administrator.
Please try and share your feedback with us.