Issue in comparing documents having tables in java

We got error java.lang.ClassCastException: com.groupdocs.comparison.internal.c.a.w.Table cannot be cast to com.groupdocs.comparison.internal.c.a.w.Paragraph" when we compare doc having table. I am attaching both doc for reference.compareDoc.zip (103.9 KB)

1 Like

@gajendra.jha,

This issue is reproduced at our end. Hence, we’ve logged it in our internal issue tracking system with ID COMPARISONJAVA-867. We’ll now further investigate it and let you know if there’s any update.

Hi Team,

Can you please give any update on COMPARISONJAVA-867?

1 Like

@gajendra.jha,

This issue is still under investigation. As there is any update we will notify you.

I am getting the same error using your “example” application for Java and my own documents to compare. The comparison with the same documents work if I execute it online.
Is the Java API using a different engine for the comparison?

@marco.altieri

This query is answered here.

@gajendra.jha

This issue is reproduced only when the API license is not set. However, we’ll further investigate this scenario. You can avoid getting this exception by setting a valid license.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as COMPARISONJAVA-867) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Atir_Tahir