Group viewer HTML (Dropwizard Java) not loading

Thank you very much Vladimir

1 Like

@noemd

You’re welcome!

Hi Vladimir I hope you are well, can we modify the front end and back end of the projects:

• GroupDocs.Viewer (Java)
  • GroupDocs.Editor (Java)

In order to achieve certain look & feel (front end) and specific functionality (back end) (take files from some repos and URls).

And which type of license do we need to do it?

Thanks in advance

@noemd

There are three main components here, let’s start from the top.

Front-end (MIT license)

The front-end source code is located at GitHub - groupdocs-total/GroupDocs.Total-Angular: Angular based UI for GroupDocs Products and published to NPM e.g. @groupdocs.examples.angular/viewer - npm.

The front-end is Angular application that is typically located in client folder (link). And here you can find viewer-specific components.

Front-end requires a back-end that will serve the content to display.

Back-end (MIT license)
The back-end code is a Web API that is serving the front-end (link). The back-end is using an engine to process the documents.

Engine (GroupDocs.Total license)

The engine is GroupDocs.Viewer for Java or GroupDocs.Editor for Java libraries that are performing the main work e.g. GroupDocs.Viewer converts documents to HTML/PNG/JPG/PDF formats.

To sum up:

The front-end and back-end code in the following repositories is open-source and you can modify it. The license is MIT.

The code in GroupDocs.Viewer and GroupDocs.Editor libraries is internal and you need GroupDocs.Total license to use these two libraries without trial limitations. You can’t directly modify the code but you can post request for the new features and report the bugs through this forum.

Thanks a lot Vladimir

@noemd

You’re welcome. Let us know in case you have any issues with modifying the code in the public repositories and we’ll try to help.

Thanks a lot Vladimir,

I have more Doubts. Is there some way that for example in the Editor we have a *.doc or *docx document that have the possibility to only let edit certain parts of it an the rest of the content could be block?

@noemd

Your question Editing certain parts of a document using Java has been moved into GroupDocs.Editor category.

Thanks for redirecting my question Vladimir, The Editor can not do that process

@noemd

You’re welcome!

Hello Vladimir, I hope you are well, you shared the URL of the github project for the Angular (Frontend) section of the Viewer.

Checking the communication between BackEnd and FrontEnd they communicate with a JSON in which a property called “data” contains an HTML String with the data to render. Is there any documentation on the FrontEnd side for this (Anguar, more detail on how is this process carried out)? I ask it to do security reviews among others that we need to check.

Best Regards.

@noemd

Unfortunately, there is no documentation except source code. In general the process is the following:

1. The file is being selected
  2. Client requests data from the server
  3. Server responds with the data
  4. Viewer App Component, Document Component and Page Component then rendering the data (HTML)

I’m sorry for the inconvinience.

Thanks for the reply, another question in the case of pptx files (power point), I made I presentation (test) with only 3 slides, however, in the viewer it only shows 2 Slides:

image.png (71.0 KB)

I can not share the file the blog doesn´t let me:

image.png (20.4 KB)

Is that behavior normal, maybe because of the free trial license or it has some kind of limit?

Thanks a lot

@noemd

Yes, in trial mode only the first two pages are processed see details at Evaluation Limitations and Licensing of GroupDocs.Viewer.

You can request a temporary license to test all the features see more at Temporary License - Purchase - groupdocs.com.

Thanks a lot Vladimir

@noemd

You’re welcome!

Hi we purchased a Total License for the products Viewer, Editor etc. currently we have a project that is using the Viewer (Only the backend this time with Spring) and we need to reach a better performance. It takes a lot of time when the file has a lot of pages, to process the file content and obtain the HTML (the array of pages).

We have some questions

• Is there a way to make the viewer performant?
  • How could we have “private” support?
  • Should I open a new thread/topic to have that info?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

@noemd

Please follow GroupDocs.Viewer Performance topic.

Thanks a lot Vladimir

1 Like

@noemd

You’re welcome!