Document Annotation with Html Viewer in .NET

Hi I have created Html Viewer with annotation.
Viewer is loading properly and after applying annotation on document, its not saving in fixed position.
image.png (225.5 KB)
I have applied the annotation above the sentence “Sample PDF Document” but it not sits properly.
I have attached demo application for your reference. I need some assistance on this.

If i enabled Watermark on HTML viewer, i cant place the annotation on the document as well.

@bharathiGK

We are investigating this scenario. Please keep track of this GitHub ticket link for further correspondence. However, you’ll be notified here as well in case of any update. Please always exclude API license from the application before uploading it. You can always share it with us in the private message (if required).

Okay. Thank you for your support

1 Like

@bharathiGK

You’re welcome.

HI. When can i expect the fix for this approximately?

@bharathiGK

We are still working on the fix. We’ll notify you in case of any progress update.

@bharathiGK

We’ve investigated the case and the reason why annotations are placed at wrong coordinates is because GroupDocs.Annotation works in image mode, meanwhile GroupDos.Viewer is ran in HTML mode (can also be ran in image mode), so the coordinates which GroupDocs.Viewer generates are different form GroupDocs.Annotation. Please try to add ratio (see this screenshot.png (100.1 KB)) and let us know if it helps.

Hi. Thanks for reply. i will check and update you

@bharathiGK

You’re welcome.

Hi I tried this way. for different documents its alignments still varying.
And also for word document annotation itself not saving in documents if i use html viewer.

I can go with image viewer to achieve annotation but i need search also.

@bharathiGK

This happens after you set the ratio? Does it work at your end without setting the ratio?

Could you please share some screenshots?

This happens after you set the ratio? Does it work at your end without setting the ratio?

Before setting ratio itself not properly working on html viewer.

I did text highlight but box is coming top of the word
image.png (34.5 KB)

After applying highlight on word documents, its not appearing and also blackout moving from the applied position.

image.png (51.4 KB)
after save - Highlight appearing for this but look at the alignments -sometimes annotations applying and sometimes not.
image.png (43.9 KB)

Scenario -2 Highlighted in same word document
image.png (47.0 KB)

after save - its not showing
image.png (39.0 KB)

if possible you can check with same sample viewer example and try

@bharathiGK

We’ll further investigate these scenarios and let you know about the outcomes.