How to use document annotation API with SQL Server in ASP.NET

Dear Sir/Ma’am

I want to Integrate GroupDocs Annotation in his application.

I have designed the application in Asp.Net MVC. And now i want to save/ edit annotations in Sql Server. How i can do this please provide me a complete description about this.

And i am utilizing the groupDocs annotation then where i should place the PDF Files.

And How can integrate both GroupDocs Viewer and Annotation in a Application. Please provide a complete Description on this

First Please you provide me a complete description on how i can use SQL server with Group Docs Annotation And Group Docs Viewer.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Hello Gaurav,

Thank you for your interest in GroupDocs.Annotation.

1. Because your project is ASP.NET MVC project, we suggest you to download and install a “GroupDocs.Annotation C# Demos” package. This package contains a solution that in turn contains several projects, including the “Groupdocs.Demo.Annotation.Mvc” project. This is what you need.

2. The “Groupdocs.Demo.Annotation.Mvc” project uses SQL Server Compact. As I understand, you want to use SQL Server (standard). In order to do this you need to perform two steps:
2.1. You need to prepare a SQL Server database, which should contain specific tables. Here you can find the required structure. Because you are using GroupDocs.Annotation version 1.8, you should use a database schema from the “GroupDocs.Annotation ver 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 database schema script” section.
2.2. You need to modify the connection string in your web.config. Here you can find it (section “1. General guide” item 3).

3. All documents, which you want to display and annotate, should be placed in the root storage folder. You can specify this folder by yourself in the “Groupdocs.Web.Annotation.WidgetFactory.Initialize” method. By default GroupDocs.Annotation uses the “App_Data” folder as the default root storage, but you can re-assign it.

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.