How to integrate .NET document annotation API with SQL Server

I am using groupdocs annotation version 16.12. I download the demo example, but in example the annotations are getting stored in a JSON file. i need to store into sql server database.

1. can i need to update my version for storing annotation in database?
  2. i read that it provides abstract interface that can implement, and use for storing data in specific storage please share some sample project or example so we know that how can i implement that.

Regards,
Vishnu

@Amr2015,

We are investigating this scenario. As we have any update, we will notify you. Your patience in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Any updates ?

@Amr2015,

We’ve started working on this scenario. As we have any update, we shall notify you.

Any updates ?

@Amr2015,

For your convenience, we are updating an article in documentation. You’ll be notified about the procedure to store Annotations in SQL server ASAP. Your patience shall highly be appreciated in this regard.

@Amr2015,

We have a sample project that demonstrates how to store annotations in SQL database instead of JSON file. This sample project follows storage infrastructure given here. You can easily run the project following the given steps:

• Extract the downloaded project, open the solution file in Visual Studio
  • Right click on solution and press Enable NuGet package Restore
  • Update API license path in AnnotationController.cs class
  • Build the project
  • Run example project

GroupDocs.Annotation.Web.Sample.zip (2.8 MB)

Thank you for provide example. but i follow the same steps solution is not working properly. it shows 17 errors. PFA.

annotation1.jpg (387.2 KB)

Regards,
Vishnu

@Amr2015,

Can you please tell us which version of the API you are integrating in the project? We’ll surely appreciate your response.

Thanks for response.Currently we are using 16.12.0.0 version of API in our project.

Regards,
Vishnu

@Amr2015,

Please use latest version (17.11) of GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET as we are unable to reproduce this issue with this version of the API.

Thank you sami for response solution is working now but how can i handle user wise permission with annotations.example there is 3 user in application User A,B,C. if user “A” add annotation like “text reduction” and he wants that user “B” can view that and user “C” is not view. how can i handle that permission.

Regards,
Vishnu

@Amr2015,

We are investigating your scenario, as we have any update, we will surely notify you.

@Amr2015,

Currently, GroupDocs.Annotation doesn’t support this feature but we are happy to inform you that this feature will be available in our future releases. Meanwhile, you can manage this scenario in your application using collaborator rights, you can also find its documentation here.

Please advice how can i handle that scenario with collaborator rights. we need to set permission on particular annotations not on document. if it possible with collaborator why you say “GroupDocs.Annotation doesn’t support this feature
if it possible then please provide demo for that.

Regards,
Vishnu

@Amr2015,

Currently, API doesn’t support such feature. However, we are working on this scenario, this can be implemented in some upcoming release. As we get any further update from them, we’ll notify you.