Javascript error

Hi Denis

Now I have the following errors come up:

“Failed to query Annotations entity” in the beginning.

Then when I try to annotate I get:

“Unable to commit entities: Annotation”.

Do you know why that happens?

Regards
Robert Badi

Hello Robert,

We are sorry to hear that you have such issue. As always, thank you for detailed screencast.

We see that now you are using source code from the “Groupdocs.Demo.Annotation.Webforms” project from “Annotation Sample” solution. In this code you can see that it uses cookies for storing user data. It seems that there is a mismatch between these data. Here is a list how to deal with it:
1. Make sure that your database structure is up-to-date. Compare it with reference structure, which can be found in the article “How to use GroupDocs Annotation for .NET with MSSQL Server
2. Remove all content from your database.
3. Remove “file-sessions.json” file.
4. (Important) Remove all cookies that are connected with “localhost” domain name in your browser.
5. Rebuild and restart the project.

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.

Following these seems to have worked. The only issue now is that I get javascript errors when I use some tools to annotate.But I am going to ignore that issue for now.

Thank you for your help. I’ll be in touch if something else comes up.

Robert Badi

Hello Robert,

We are sorry to hear that you have such issue. Please feel free to report us all errors that you have obtained - we will do the best to solve them.

Please specify which exact tools are not working? Are you able to click them and put an annotation on the document? Do the errors occurred when trying to submit annotations or when only clicking on their icons in the left toolbar? Can you post the screenshots?

Usually, when some annotation tools are working, and some - not, the reason is in obsolete database structure, when new annotation tools have no appropriate fields in a database. So please double check you database and update it if necessary.

Please come back to us with more details.