Assemble and view documents in a single .NET project

I have a GroupDocs.Total license. I am using GroupDocs in my web application and plan to use multiple pieces of the GroupDocs family. I have already implemented the GroupDocs.Viewer in my application and it is working well. I am now trying to implement the GroupDocs.Assembly portion to render documents from templates and I am having issues. When I was trying to get the Assembly to work I kept getting the error “{“The type initializer for '\u0003 ’ threw an exception.”}” and the inner exception is "The type initializer for ‘\u0002’ threw an exception and a message on the inner exception is “object reference not set to an instance of an object”. After battling this for a few days I discovered that If I remove the project that contains GroupDocs.Viewer the Assembly works fine and without error. I even created a new project that is very basic and added the GroupDocs.Assembly and it works perfectly fine. As soon as I add GroupDocs.Viewer (I am using nuget to bring in the reference), the application stops working even though I am not even using the GroupDocs,Viewer. Just the mere fact that I have both in one project is causing the issue. As soon as I remove the reference to the GroupDocs.Viewer then the Assembly starts working again.

How can I use multiple GroupDocs products within the same application?

@keith.lewis,

Thanks for using GroupDocs products. Would you please prepare and share with us a sample console application that can be used to reproduce your mentioned behaviour of the products? We shall be looking forward to your response.

I found my issue while creating the test project. I have seperate service classes for each of the products. I have an Assembly service and a Viewer service. I was setting the license within the constructor of that service. So when I called the Assembly service it it didnt set the Viewer license. I resolved by moving all of the license setup to the Startup class instead of instantiating the license in the service constructor.

@FSitpurchasing,

It’s good to know that your issue is resolved. In case you would have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.