Word comparison output is not as expected using .NET

Hello Support,

I am using groupdocs.compare with .net 2.0. I am using following code
/
{

string sSourceDoc=“D:\GroupDocs-Compare\Compare\OlderVersion.docx”;

string sTargetDoc=“D:\GroupDocs-Compare\Compare\Current.docx”;

string sComparedDoc=“D:\GroupDocs-Compare\Compare\GroupdocsOutput.docx”;

GroupDocs.Comparison.Common.License.License license = new GroupDocs.Comparison.Common.License.License();

license.SetLicense(“D:\GroupDocs-Compare\GroupDocs.ComparisonMay.lic”);

GroupDocs.Comparison.Comparer comparer= new GroupDocs.Comparison.Comparer();

GroupDocs.Comparison.Common.ComparisonSettings.ComparisonSettings comparsionsettings=new GroupDocs.Comparison.Common.ComparisonSettings.ComparisonSettings();

comparsionsettings.StyleChangeDetection=false;

comparsionsettings.DetailLevel=GroupDocs.Comparison.Common.ComparisonSettings.DetailLevel.Low;

comparsionsettings.GenerateSummaryPage=false;

GroupDocs.Comparison.Common.ICompareResult result;

result=comparer.Compare(sSourceDoc,sTargetDoc,comparsionsettings);

GroupDocs.Comparison.Common.Changes.ChangeInfo []changes=result.GetChanges();

result.SaveDocument(sComparedDoc);

}
/

I am also attaching documents and expected output.
OlderVersion.docx is older version
Current.docx is current version.
Wordoutput-Expected.docx is what I am expecting and
GroupdocsOutput.docx is what I am getting.

Please suggest what needs to be modified so that I can get output same as that of word with revisions.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Mandar

Hi Mandar,

Thank you for your inquiry, we have investigated this, with documents provided by you and found the same output as you shared but not as you expected because it is a default output, where any changes display according to font colors for content deletion and changes, strikeout the deleted content is not yet supported, we may ask the product team for such feature/property in future releases.

Have a great weekend ahead.

Warm Regards,

Hello Support,

I have used earlier versions and I think till 3.3 or so output used to be same (nearly 95%) as that of word compare. I even have samples saved created from earlier version where strike out, revisions and mostly all things were similar to native word compare.

Is it possible to use old version?

This is disappointing that earlier functionality is now broken.

Best Regards
Mandar

Hi Mandar,

Sorry for the inconvenience, we are sharing this scenario and concern with the product team, once we have any update from product team we will update you here.

Regarding version 3.x or older, we recommend you always use the latest GroupDocs API versions.

Warm Regards,

Hello Support,

Any further update on this , this will be critical.

Regards
Mandar

Hi Mandar,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We have tested your provided documents with GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API v3.0.0 and v3.3.0 and found that there is no strikeout option available for deleted/modified text only colors are available. Kindly share your sample files and output file with “strikeout text” and API version details so we can investigate it in more detail.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

To add to this issue, I just tested the new Comparer interface using the MVC demo on github, and every single change that is returned from the GetChanges method is returned with no page number and a rectangle of 500x200 - making the results that come back useless.

I am using the sample documents that come with the project.

This is absolutely a showstopper for us when evaluating whether or not to upgrade to the latest total version of this product.

The speed of the comparison was already an issue - now the reliability, which was fine, is becoming a factor.

Hi,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing such issues.

GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API has major changes from version 17.3.0 onward in 17.4.0, source code examples and showcase demo also updated accordingly.

Showcase demo are open source MVC comparison viewer application available and can be updated according to your requirements, however we have also updated the script file to display the changes accordingly as per your feedback.

Please get latest source code from GitHub for latest updates:

Attached is the text file that contains the Older and Newer versions ChangeInfo object in JSON format, that will help you to understand the updated properties and for any future enhancements in MVC front-end Comparison Viewer application for ChangeInfo panel bindings.

There are few more changes regarding rectangle that will be available on GitHub once done, we will update you here for other changes.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hello Support,

Version is 2.3.3 and using Groupdocs.Web.UI.Comparison.dll as reference.

Check the Redline.docx ( I am not attaching it as its from console sample output) generated from sample it has strike out as part of output.

So how to achieve this with current versions?

Regards
Mandar

Got the latest demo.

The changes are updated on the right to the correct changes, but the Page objects still all point to the same location.

Looking at the DTO that was coming back to the model.js it did not appear that there was any data for the page number, and this appears to be the case for the JSON that is attached.

Also, is everything a hardcoded “Inserted” action now?

Hi Mandar,

Thank you for the sharing details.

GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET v 3.x.x or above are Next Generation APIs and they are totally change and independent of UI. Therefore some of old API’s features are available and supported in latest versions and some are not and every upcoming release is including new features and adding support for old API’s features. Your required feature support will be logged for product team for feasibility and ETA. Once we will get any update regarding this we’ll inform you here.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards,

Hi,

Thank you for exploring the updated front-end example and sharing your concerns.

Yes, page object is "pointing to the same location’’ issue is already reproduced our end and we have forwarded this issue to the example team for further investigation and for its solution. we will update you here once its done or we get any update from example team.

Your patience will be highly appreciated .

Warm Regards,

Hello Support,

Thanks for update.

Any probable time line?

Its such an important feature to move away from Word. For new application it might be fine but for old application migrating from word to this its just not possible without strike out.

Regards
Mandar

Hi Mandar,

We cannot share ETA of the feature as product team will check its feasibility and priority of the task. Once we will get any update we will definitely inform you here.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Warm Regards

/sub to get an update when the issue with comparisons all pointing to the same place is fixed.

Hi Croux,

Thank you for your inquiry. Kindly elaborate little more so we can help you.

Warm Regards,

I am the technical manager on the project referred to above by jblanchard (regarding the comparisons being returned all pointing to the same location), and we need a fix before proceeding with this project. So I am monitoring this thread so that I can advise our customers.

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification. Sure we will update you once we get any update for this.

Warm Regards,

Any update on this issue with all the comparisons returning the same location?

Hi Croux,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your raised issue is logged (COMPARISONNET-1256) in our issue tracking system and current status is in-progress. Once this issue is get resolved, we will update you here.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Warm Regards,