Params for mergefields in word docs

:slight_smile: so, is it possible through the cloud APIs?

I’d like to send a URL to a word file, one URL to a CSV file to get a merged PDF file back that contains a copy of the word doc template for each record in the PDF file. It would be also fine if steps in between would be necessary, as long as it’s possible. Could you point me to the API funcitons I need to use to achieve this?

Hi Nils,

If I understand you correctly you need to get each page of the document as a separate object - is it correct? If yes than you can split the fields object by field properties (depending on what page field is placed), as you can see when you receive a list of fields you have all info about each field. After that you will be able to merge each object separately.

Also please investigate all available API methods here - http://www.groupdocs.com/docs/display/assemblyapi/API+Reference

Best regards.

sorry, I think you don’r understand what I’m up to. I’d like to use the API to get a bulk output like described here:

Use mail merge to personalize letters - Microsoft Support

Cheers

Nils

Hi Nils,

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately there is no such API methods to achieve the same goal. But as a workaround you can call MergeTemplate methodseveral times with different datasources and same template.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey Pavel,

Thanks a lot for your help! Well, I think requesting for each record wouldn’t work as we are talking about to many records. However, I will use the HTML conversion then. There is no way to get the HTML output in one file, is it?

Currently I’m getting a zip archive with webfonts, css files and the html file. it would be great if there is an option to integrate all these files into one HTML file.

Regards

Nils

Hi Nils,

Thank you for coming back. I will discuss this with our Product team and then return to you.

Best regards.