PDF to HTML conversion issue in .NET

Hi.i wish to get update on this issue.?

@bharathiGK

The fix is planned this month, if nothing goes wrong (e.g. blockage due to some other issue). However, we’ll notify you in case of any update.

Okay.But i’m in mid of my process bacause of this issue.

Can i get any other solution to convert any format document into html (without this problem)

@bharathiGK

You can try a Word to HTML conversion. For example have a look at these files.zip (69.3 KB).

You mean,whatever file type is there ,that needs to convert as a word document and then need to be converted as html.
like this you coming to convey.
because i used to get documents for conversion .pdf,.xlsx,.pptx and so on.

@bharathiGK

No.

I think there was some misunderstanding. What I said was based on this message. However, you can use GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET (as an alternate solution) in order to render/convert a PDF to HTML.
On top of that, we actually tried to convert the provided PDF to HTML and here are the results.zip (323.7 KB). Primary Contact as a whole word is in a single span.

Ok.This results.Zip looks good.can i get sample coding for that.

which version of viewer is used? and i need sample coding for that.if possible can you share example

1 Like

@bharathiGK

I used version 20.6.1 and below is the sample code:

string outputDirectory = @"D:/";
string pageFilePathFormat = Path.Combine(outputDirectory, "page_{0}.html");
using (Viewer viewer = new Viewer(@"D:/Venkatesh.pdf"))
{
    HtmlViewOptions options =
    HtmlViewOptions.ForEmbeddedResources(pageFilePathFormat);
    viewer.View(options);
}

However, a complete open-source example project is available at GitHub.

Okay.Thank you.currently i’m using viewer 20.1.0.if i update to 20.6.1 means,what are the other dlls need to be updated?.

@bharathiGK

You just have to update GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET DLL. However, you can also try same code with version 20.1.

Okay.thank you i will try and update you.

1 Like

Hi.I tried the way you suggested me. It works for Venkatesh.pdf(sample document already shared).

when i convert word document i faced same issue.i will share document and screenshot to you.kindly test that in your end.
dll version will be 20.1

Issue in word document.jpg (133.5 KB)
Document.zip (56.8 KB)

@bharathiGK

This issue is reproduced at our end. We’ve logged it for further investigation and resolution with ID VIEWERNET-2587.

@bharathiGK

CONVERSIONNET-3851 is now resolved in API version 20.8.

Hi.After updating conversion dll to latest. still some word breaking issue arising.

i have attached files for your reference.07Jan2021.zip (158.5 KB)

1 Like

@bharathiGK

We are investigating this issue with ID CONVERSIONNET-4377. You’ll be notified as there’s any update.

@bharathiGK

Please try the following code and let us know if it resolves the issue:

MarkupConvertOptions options = new MarkupConvertOptions();
options.FixedLayout = false;

Have a look at this screenshot.PNG (26.2 KB).

Okay.Thank youconversion without split.png (72.6 KB)

I used same coding.

@bharathiGK

You’re welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONNET-4377) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by yevgen-nykytenko