.NET Word to PDF conversion, resultant PDF won't open in Acrobat

I am using GroupDocs.Conversion 20.10.0 with .NET Core 3.1, running on Windows 10.

PDF documents created from certain Word documents (docx) cause an error when the PDF is viewed in Acrobat Reader:

“There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (111).”

Most of the content is cut off after the first heading or block of text.

The PDFs can be viewed OK and look fine in Chrome.

I built a quick console app to try the conversion with all the different PDF formats, and all of them cause the same error.

Here is a Dropbox link to the repro project along with the sample document and the outputs: Dropbox - AcrobatError.zip - Simplify your life

1 Like

@mrendlemindgrub

We’ve logged this issue in our internal issue tracking system with ID CONVERSIONNET-4268. It’ll be now further investigated and you’ll be notified about the outcomes.

1 Like

FYI, I am seeing a similar issue with conversion from XLS and XLSX, except the error message is “There was a problem reading this document (14)”

@mrendlemindgrub

Does this happen for a particular XLS, can you please share a problematic file? Because we couldn’t reproduce this issue using a sample XLS.

ProblematicXLS.zip (15.6 KB)

1 Like

@mrendlemindgrub

We’ll further look into this issue and let you know about the outcomes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONNET-4268) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Atir_Tahir