Comparison API taking long time to compare Word documents in .NET

Hello Support

I am evaluating the GroupDocs.Comparison for .Net project. We have a 30-day temporary license.
I am using the latest sample code from github and the latest GroupDocs.Comparison DLL version 17.5.0.

I am testing a 295 page word document that I made 3 changes to.

The comparison takes about 7 minutes to load into the viewer - but when I click on the Content Changes the links do not take me to the exact spot that I made my changes - it brings me to a spot that is half a page above the spot where I made my change.

I have attached two images so you can see where the Content Change link is taking me and where I actually made my edit.

Thank you,
Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are sorry to hear that you are facing such issues. GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API performance issue is already logged for product team and Comparison content change links issue is also under progress, example team is working on it. I am attaching issues ids with this thread for record. Once we have update regarding these issues we will update you here.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards,

Any update on a fix to these issues.

Hi Croux,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are sorry for the delays and inconvenience, currently concern team is working on another high priority task and we don’t have a ETA for this issue but still, we are in contact with concern team for the resolution of this issue, we will keep updating you once we have any update from concern team.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards,

We’ve been using a temporary license now to see if the issues we came across when dealing with large documents is resolved so that we can proceed with purchasing the GroupDocs product. Yet our developer continues to experience problems both performance and errors.

The system we are developing for the FAA requires relatively large document comparisons. Several of the Airport Certification Manuals we are working with are 300-400 pages, similar to the examples we have been providing.

Until we know that the GroupDocs product will eventually be able to meet our requirements, I am not able to get approval to purchase the product.

Is there any way we can get an estimate of when it will be looked at? At this point we can no longer get through a whole workflow because of the out of memory errors and performance issues in the component.

Hi Croux,

Thank you for showing interest in to purchase GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API.

We can understand your situation and we are sorry for the delays. We are in contact with product team for the issues you have raised, product team work first on high priority tasks and fixes for the priority support subscriber and then work on the other issues, this is the pattern we follow for issues solution and new API releases . We have escalated this issue and currently the performance issue for the very big file comparison needs to check and update the core API code and for this purpose product team will deeply investigate on this issue and most probably its solution will be available in next upcoming release.

We appreciate your constant cooperation and patience.

Warm Regards,

Hi Croux,

We got an update from product team regarding GroupDocs.Comparison performance, issue is resolved with more than 60% performance optimization and solution will be available in next release of GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET v17.6.0 which will be released in the end of this month.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,