The name 'Groupdocs' does not exist in the current context

Hi Reva,

You are getting this exception because only 15 document views per hour are available in trial mode. When the view count exceeds, the API stops rendering the document and throws this exception. Therefore, we recommend to get the temporary license in order to run the application without any pause.

If you still have any confusion, please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards

Hi Usman,

1. I have obtained and applied the temporary license of GroupDocs.Viewer,lic, I would like to explore the rotate ,reorder and delete a page functionality.

In the document it says "The document can be chosen by using upload control."
I am not seeing that options at all, please find the document attached.

Is there any coding level changes to be done?

Note: I am working on GroupDocs.Viewer.WebForm.FrontEnd

Hi Reva,

Thanks for sharing your problem.

Actually, you are using <a rel=“nofollow” href=“https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/tree/master/Showcases/ASP.NET_WebForm_Front_End” style=“font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, “Segoe UI”, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, “Apple Color Emoji”, “Segoe UI Emoji”, “Segoe UI Symbol”; font-size: 14px; white-space: nowrap;”>ASP.NET_WebForm_Front_End and viewing the documentation of New Front End. Please visit this link for the articles related to Web Forms front end.

If you have any confusion, please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards

Hi Aziz,

Are you trying to say that if we want rotate,reorder and delete functionality we have to go with the New front end solution approach only or all functionalities are available in both.

I am getting the same Nuget error in the New front end solution.
I tried to redo the same thing which you provided before for the webform front end in the project file we need to delete couple of lines, but I dint see anything related to nuget in the file under the GroupDocs.Viewer.NewFrontEnd.csproj.

Please find the error attached.

Thanks
Reva

Hi Reva,

First of all, delete page feature is not offered by the back-end GroupDocs.Viewer API and also, it is not implemented in any of the sample document viewer applications. However, rotate and reorder features are implemented in a simple way in New Front End. Furthermore, rotate feature is implemented in ASP.NET_MVC_Front_End and ASP.NET_WebForm_Front_End.

Secondly, it is the same NuGet error you have faced and resolved earlier in Web Forms front end. Just go to …\Showcases\New Front End\GroupDocs.Viewer.Model folder and open GroupDocs.Viewer.Model.csproj file in Notepad. Remove the section mentioned in the attached screenshot and build the application again.

Please try and share your feedback.

Warm Regards

Hi Aziz,

Finally I am able to play through the rotate,reorder functionality.
I have another question now, do you have any documentation for plugging in the Groupdocs.viewer to an existing asp.net application?

Thanks
Reva

Hi Reva,

The documentation of the GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API covers all of its exposed features and the code to implement those features. Please have a look at Developer Guide.

If you would have any other issue, feel free to ask.

Warm Regards

Hi Aziz,

Thanks for your continuous support.
I have a final question before we proceed on this product.

Can you please confirm can we implement the following functionalities with the new front end.

1. Check whether the document is password protected,encrypted, Signed or Merge restricted while Saving the document or while loading to view the document?
2. Why I don’t see zoom in zoom out in the new front end

Thanks
Reva

Hi Reva,

We are pleased to see your progress with GroupDocs.Viewer.

I’m providing inline answers to your questions.

1. Document Security:
    Check whether the document is password-protected, encrypted, signed, or merge-restricted when saving or loading for viewing.

For password-encrypted documents, the API allows setting the password before rendering the document (see this). If the user doesn’t provide the password, the API will throw an exception stating that the document is password-encrypted. We’ve also logged a new feature request to dynamically check encrypted, signed, or merged documents at runtime. We’ll keep you updated on it.

2. Zoom Feature in the New Frontend:
    The zooming feature is not provided by the GroupDocs.Viewer API itself. It is implemented using jQuery in the ASP.NET MVC Front End and ASP.NET Web Forms Front End. As these applications are open source, you can refer to them for implementing this feature in the New Front End.

If anything is still unclear or if you have further questions, feel free to let us know.

Warm Regards

Hi Reva,

To check if document is Password Protected or Encrypted, please use next code snippet:

ViewerConfig viewerConfig = new ViewerConfig();
viewerConfig.StoragePath = Directory.GetCurrentDirectory();

ViewerHtmlHandler htmlHandler = new ViewerHtmlHandler(viewerConfig);

try
{
string guid = “password-protected.docx”;

DocumentInfoContainer documentInfoContainer = htmlHandler.GetDocumentInfo(guid);

Console.WriteLine(<span class="code-quote" style="color: rgb(0, 145, 0);">"Document is not password <span class="code-keyword" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 145);">protected</span>."</span>);

}
catch (PasswordProtectedFileException)
{
Console.WriteLine(“Document is password protected.”);
}

<span style=“font-family: “Times New Roman”; white-space: normal;”>
Furthermore, there are no plans yet to implement the ability to check whether the document is Signed or Merged in the nearest future.

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards

Hi Aziz,

I am trying to implement zoom in and zoom out to the new front end application to show a demo of this product.
I just tried to open the MVC solution and run.
But getting the following error.
What steps should I take to implement zoom in, zoom out to New front end?
Thanks
Reva

Thanks for the update the only main thing which is missing in your tool is delete functionality.

Do you think your team can implement this functionality.
If yes what would be the duration.
Please confirm soon.

And can I capture the clicks which I am making.

Thanks
Reva

Hi Reva,

We are unable to reproduce the issues you mentioned in 15350. Can you please debug the application at your end and send us the details of the errors?

Secondly, as the applications are open source therefore the users/developers are free to modify them according to their requirements. You can add more features as per your needs in these applications. Furthermore, can you please provide us your complete scenario to delete the pages in a document?

And can I capture the clicks which I am making.
Please elaborate this requirement a little more.

We shall be looking forward to your response. Have a nice weekend ahead.

Warm Regards

1. The scenario for delete functionality is
    I upload a pdf document with 10 pages and I want to delete 2 pages out of it.
    2. I want to capture that the user has clicked reorder,rotate,etc.
    My question is I know we don't have delete functionality in Groupdocs.viewer do you have it in Groupdocs.Total?

Or is it a new functionality that you want to add to any of the API’s

Can you please say which of your API supports all these functionalities

1. View

2. Zoom In/Out

3. Rotate

4. Reorder

5. Delete pages (out of 10 pages in pdf document should be able to n pages)

6. Check the document is password protected.

7. Check the document is encrypted.

8. Check the document has any bookmark.

9. Check the document has any attachment.

Save the document in the any location.

Check if the document is a Signed document.

Check if the document is a Merged document or not.(this is not mandatory)

Thanks
    Reva

Hi Reva,

I am writing inline answers of each of your raised points.

<span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>1.<span style=“font-variant-numeric: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: “Times New Roman”;”> <span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>View

Yes, you can view the supported file formats using GroupDocs.Viewer API.

<span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>2.<span style=“font-variant-numeric: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: “Times New Roman”;”> <span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>Zoom In/Out

Zoom in/out is not a feature of the API however, you can use jQuery to implement this feature (see this).

<span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>3.<span style=“font-variant-numeric: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: “Times New Roman”;”> <span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>Rotate

Yes, rotate feature is provided by the GroupDocs.Viewer API (see this).

<span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>4.<span style=“font-variant-numeric: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: “Times New Roman”;”> <span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>Reorder

Yes, reorder feature is provided by the GroupDocs.Viewer API (see this).

<span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>5.<span style=“font-variant-numeric: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: “Times New Roman”;”> <span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>Delete pages (out of 10 pages in pdf document should be able to n pages)

You can not delete the pages of any source document however, you can provide a range of the page numbers that are required to be rendered into HTML or image using below code.

// Set range of the pages
options.PageNumbersToConvert = Enumerable.Range(pageNumber, 5).ToList();
// Get pages
List pages = htmlHandler.GetPages(guid, options);

<span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>6.<span style=“font-variant-numeric: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: “Times New Roman”;”> <span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>Check the document is password protected<span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);”>.

Yes, you can check the password protected document as mentioned in 15348.

<span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>7.<span style=“font-variant-numeric: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: “Times New Roman”;”> <span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>Check the document is encrypted<span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);”>.

Yes, you can check the encrypted document as mentioned in 15348.

<span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>8.<span style=“font-variant-numeric: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: “Times New Roman”;”> <span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>Check the document has any bookmark.

It is not supported by the API.

<span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>9.<span style=“font-variant-numeric: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: “Times New Roman”;”> <span style=“text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; color: rgb(31, 78, 121);”>Check the document has any attachment.

Yes, it is supported by GroupDocs.Viewer API (see this).

<span style=“color: rgb(31, 78, 121); font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; font-size: 14.6667px; text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221);”>10. Save the document in the any location.

Yes, you can save the rendered HTML pages or images to any location (see this).

<span style=“color: rgb(31, 78, 121); font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; font-size: 14.6667px; text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221);”>11. Check if the document is a Signed document.

This features is not supported by the API and is not planned to be implemented in nearest future.

<span style=“color: rgb(255, 0, 0); font-family: “Book Antiqua”, serif; font-size: 14.6667px; text-indent: -24px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221);”>Check if the document is a Merged document or not.(this is not mandatory).

This features is not supported by the API and is not planned to be implemented in nearest future.

To capture the clicks, you can use jQuery in your application. For more details, please see this.

If you would have any other question, please feel free to ask. Have a nice weekend ahead.

Warm Regards