Using GroupDocs.Comparison with .net maiu

Hi i am trying to use your GroupDocs.Comparison in a .net Maui program which uses .net 7

I get the following issues when i try to apply the nuget package to the solution

NU1605: Warning As Error: Detected package downgrade: System.Runtime.Handles from 4.3.0 to 4.0.1. Reference the package directly from the project to select a different version.
DevTools -> GroupDocs.Comparison 23.6.0 -> Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyModel 2.0.4 -> Microsoft.DotNet.PlatformAbstractions 2.0.4 -> System.IO.FileSystem 4.0.1 -> runtime.win.System.IO.FileSystem 4.3.0 -> System.Runtime.Handles (>= 4.3.0)
DevTools -> GroupDocs.Comparison 23.6.0 -> Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyModel 2.0.4 -> Microsoft.DotNet.PlatformAbstractions 2.0.4 -> System.IO.FileSystem 4.0.1 -> System.Runtime.Handles (>= 4.0.1)
NU1605: Warning As Error: Detected package downgrade: System.Runtime.InteropServices from 4.3.0 to 4.1.0. Reference the package directly from the project to select a different version.
DevTools -> GroupDocs.Comparison 23.6.0 -> Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyModel 2.0.4 -> Microsoft.DotNet.PlatformAbstractions 2.0.4 -> System.IO.FileSystem 4.0.1 -> runtime.win.System.IO.FileSystem 4.3.0 -> System.Runtime.InteropServices (>= 4.3.0)
DevTools -> GroupDocs.Comparison 23.6.0 -> Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyModel 2.0.4 -> Microsoft.DotNet.PlatformAbstractions 2.0.4 -> System.Runtime.InteropServices (>= 4.1.0)

I thought the main package can have a higher version of the package than the nuget but it seems i am wrong. any suggestions?

To repro, just create a sample .net maui solution from the file new project -> .net maui., then try to add your nuget package.

thanks

@cconner100

Would you mind providing the link to the NuGet package? Are you attempting to install the GroupDocs.Comparison NuGet package or the Conholdate.Total NuGet package?

GroupDocs.Comparison NuGet

Hi i think this is a problem on my end. When i cleaned my nuget cache things are now ok. thanks

1 Like

@cconner100

Glad to know that the issue is fixed.

OK so now i got the system to compile, i am using the nuget package and have yet to purchase the system, seeing if it can do what i need.

I am doing the following code with 2 pdf files that have no password protection

try
{
var temOutputFileName = Path.GetTempFileName();
using Comparer comparer = new Comparer(wynTest.reportPdf);
comparer.Add(tempFileName);
comparer.Compare(temOutputFileName);
CompareOptions compareOptions = new CompareOptions() { CalculateCoordinates = true };
ChangeInfo[] changes = comparer.GetChanges();
}

the exception happens when i do the Compare method
and i get the following exception

Incorrect password.

Do i need a password for this to work?

@cconner100

Could you please share the 2 PDF/source files? We’ll then further investigate this scenario at our end.

pdf.zip (247.4 KB)

Here are the 2 pdf files, the source is PartInventory.pdf the comparison file is tmp42B7

@cconner100

Can you provide a screencast detailing the steps to reproduce the issue? Additionally, could you share the complete error stack trace as well?

CompareTest.zip (326.2 KB)

Open the project file with vs2022 and run, you will see the error

@cconner100
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): COMPARISONNET-3671

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thanks

Also i found this issue. I am trying to compare these 2 pdf files

Original Pdf
MajorUnitF&ISalesSoldbyDeal.pdf (112.8 KB)

Revised PDF
revised.pdf (114.6 KB)

when i do the compare the output i get is this
compareoutput.pdf (91.0 KB)

I was expecting that it would have shown me the additional lines added in the revised pdf and the new page in the revised pdf. What its showing me is kind of useless

thanks

I am interested in buying this product but i do want to make sure it fits my needs first.

thanks

@cconner100

This is the output.pdf (101.7 KB) we are getting. However, there are some issues in the resultant PDF. Therefore, we created an investigation ticket COMPARISONNET-3672.