Viewer Integration Error

Hi Pavel

We are ready with french translations, check attached for the same.

Please provide us the updated dll so that we can integrate the same in our project.

I want to confirm that we need to add following code for EN / FR

FR Code
.Locale(SupportedLocales.frFr)

EN Code
.Locale(SupportedLocales.enEn)

Regards
Saurabh Sondhi

Hello Saurabh,

Thank you for coming back. No, Viewer doesn’t have such feature. This option sets minimal image size, it’s mean that you just need to set it once. You should decide by your self which minimal size of the image is suitable for you and use it.

Best regards.

Hello Saurabh,

Thank you for the request. We have added French locale to our road map and it will be ready soon.

As for the enEn locale - it doesn’t exists at all. Only en-US and en-GB are existed and words used for the Viewer are same in these two locales so you can simply use
.Locale(SupportedLocales.enUS)

When the French locale will be ready we will notify you.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel

Lets say if we set MinimumImageWidth as 100 px, so it will apply the same size to all the images its loading.

Regards
Saurabh Sondhi

Thanks, approx how much time you need for this to ready.

Hello Saurabh,

Yes, you are right.

Best regards.
Hello Saurabh,

Thank you for your request .

This issue was resolved already , but it will be available only in next release of the Viewer library. We will notify you , when the library will be released.

-------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+

Hi Pavel

I am facing one minor issue after deploying the code on server.

Images under toolbar are not coming up, check attached.

We are using Window Server 2012 & IIS 7.1 , Classic Mode.

Please help to resolve this issue.

Regards
Saurabh Sondhi

Hi Evgen

Can you please share tentative date ? We need to plan go live at our end.

If its one dll to replace then can you pass directly ?

Regards
Saurabh Sondhi

Hello Saurabh,

Thank you for posting and using GroupDocs.Viewer.

Could you please share with us your log from browser console. Also please specify your widget code and we will investigate it and try to help you.

------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

Hello Saurabh,

We plan to release new version of the Viewer library in the end of this month. And as I told you before , when new version will be released you’ll get an email notification.

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.

---------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

Hi Pavel

Please check attached for firefox & chrome console error.

I can share team viewer details as well, can you please confirm time when live chat support is available. Currently its offline.

Regards
Saurabh Sondhi

Thanks for the update.

Hello Saurabh,

Thank you for your details.

To fix this issue you should add to your Web.config to system.webServer section this code:

or simply set the runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests parameter of "modules" to "true":

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.

------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

Hi

We are facing slowness issue with viewer, if we open a PDF in browser vs group docs viewer.

Its much faster in browser as compare to group docs viewer.

Is there any setting which we need to make so that documents open up faster in group docs viewer.

My client is not happy with speed at which docs open. Please let me know if there is anything we can to decrease response time.

Regards
Saurabh Sondhi

Hi Evgen

Its still not working for me, check attached for error I am getting & web.config at my end.

I am using IIS 7.5 & ASP.Net 4.0 Classic Mode pipeline.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards
Saurabh Sondhi

Hello Saurabh,

Thank you for the question. By default, when you open a web-page with GroupDocs.Viewer widget, and the target document is invoked (for displaying), on the server-side GroupDocs.Viewer converts the document to the images and text. Only when this conversion process is finished, GroupDocs.Viewer begins to transmit data to the client-side and end-user can see content of the document in the browser. That’s why it takes so much time - GroupDocs.Viewer needs to convert all document, and they are really big. The conversion speed depends on the performance of the server - CPU, memory, storage.

However, there is a “PreloadPagesCount” method. When using it, for example, “.PreloadPagesCount(1)”, GroupDocs.Viewer begins to transmit data to the client-side when only first page of the document is converted. After applying this method to the 1st document (17 MiB), GroupDocs.Viewer shows its first page almost instantly. All other pages are shown on demand, when you try to open them.

There are some other methods to increase performance:
1. Use “MinimumImageWidth(value)” method. MinimumImageWidth: if set, the Viewer will load page images with the specified width from the server when starting. It will not load page images from the server again after zooming if the current page image size is smaller than the value specified and if the original (not scaled) page image size is smaller than the value specified. It means that in most cases the GroupDocs.Viewer will load page images only once and will not reload them after zooming in/out.
2. If this is possible for your business-logic, disable thumbnails (“ShowThumbnails(false)”).
3. If this is possible for your business-logic, disable ability to select text by using “SupportTextSelection(false)” method.
4. Use “ShowViewerStyleControl(false)” method - it will disable “double page flip” option and will increase performance.
5. Pre-generate document cache with DocumentCache class

Best regards.

Hello Saurabh,

Could you please try to add such code to section:

Please notify us if this will help you.

-------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

Hi Pavel

Thanks so much for your suggestions, you are awesome !!!

Please confirm that by end of this month, we will have french translations ready.

Regards
Saurabh Sondhi

Thanks, it has worked !!!