Word comparison output is not as expected using .NET

I am unable to see that ticket.

Can we get an estimate of how long before the problem is resolved. Not only is our project and client depending on this component to actually work as designed, it is also going to determine whether we renew our purchase of GroupDocs maintenance.

Thanks,

Cade

Hi Cade,

Thank you for inquiry.

We are glad to inform you that raised issues in this thread are fixed now and you can verify it on upcoming release which is in releasing process and will be available in next one or two days. Please subscribe to the download section of the API so once API is available for public use you will be notified.

Warm Regards,

Hello Support,

So strikeout for deleted content will be resolved with next release?

Regards
Mandar

Hi Mandar,

Yes, Strikeout for deleted content will be resolved with next coming release.

Warm Regards,

Hello Support,

Thanks a lot for considering it for resolving. I will be waiting for this release.

Regards
Mandar

Hi Mandar,

We are glad to inform you that we Just got the update regarding GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET v17.5.0 which is now available for public use. Please click here to download the latest API.

If you will face any issue, please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards,

Hello
Thanks now strikeout is coming up after setting
comparsionsettings.DeletedItemsStyle.StrikeThrough=true;

However if you can check earlier uploaded sample revision count is not correct, Delete revisons are not shown up in review pannel in word interface even if strike out text is shown. and comparison is also not correct, First line is deleted complete where in compare it is mixed with second line and content is marked as deleted which is from first in second line.

You can check earlier uploaded files, they are very basic files. Also with tables output document is coming as corrupted. I will cleanup document and will try to upload, Please note that with earlier version same document was working fine without strikethrough.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mandar

Hi Mandar,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are sorry to hear that you are facing such issue. We have investigated on your issue and tried to re-produced the scenarios but we are unable to find any issue in comparison output on your provided files, attached previously. Kindly have look on both attached output files in this thread, which is generated by changing the source and target files vice versa. Kindly highlight the issue if we are not able to locate it and provide some more details to reproduce the scenario.

Have great weekend ahead.

Warm Regards,

Hello Support,

Please see attached image Clip106 showing oldversion, current, compare by groupdocs and compare by word. I am finding substantial difference hope this highlights the issue.

Please refer to Clip107 which shows incorrect revisions.

Hope I am able to hightlight the required issues.

Below is the code I am using:

string sSourceDoc=“D:\GroupDocs-Compare\Compare\OlderVersion.docx”;

string sTargetDoc=“D:\GroupDocs-Compare\Compare\Current.docx”;

string sComparedDoc=“D:\GroupDocs-Compare\Compare\GroupdocsOutput.docx”;

GroupDocs.Comparison.Common.License.License license = new GroupDocs.Comparison.Common.License.License();

license.SetLicense(“D:\GroupDocs-Compare\GroupDocs.ComparisonMay.lic”);

GroupDocs.Comparison.Comparer comparer= new GroupDocs.Comparison.Comparer();

GroupDocs.Comparison.Common.ComparisonSettings.ComparisonSettings comparsionsettings=new GroupDocs.Comparison.Common.ComparisonSettings.ComparisonSettings();

comparsionsettings.StyleChangeDetection=false;

comparsionsettings.DetailLevel=GroupDocs.Comparison.Common.ComparisonSettings.DetailLevel.Low;

comparsionsettings.ShowDeletedContent=true;

comparsionsettings.DeletedItemsStyle.StrikeThrough=true;

comparsionsettings.GenerateSummaryPage=false;

GroupDocs.Comparison.Common.ICompareResult result;

result=comparer.Compare(sSourceDoc,sTargetDoc,comparsionsettings);

GroupDocs.Comparison.Common.Changes.ChangeInfo []changes=result.GetChanges();

result.SaveDocument(sComparedDoc);

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mandar

Hi Mandar,

Thank you for sharing details.

We have successfully reproduced this scenario and i am going to log this issue on our issue tracking system for product team. Once we get any update from product team regarding this we will update you here.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Warm Regards,

Hello Support,

Thanks for update, also strike out is not coming up when complete column from table is deleted.
Please see attached image some text is strike out where as when complete column is deleted its marked as red but strikeout is not there.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mandar

Hi Mandar,

You are welcome and thank you again for pointing out this issue. We will definitely raise this issue to the product team for its solution. We are sorry for inconvenience.

Warm Regards,

@mandarln

Thank you for your cooperation and waiting.

Your raised issue is fixed by “Adding setting which allows to use both strike out options: per each component and top level one only”. please click here to download the latest API release.

If you will need any help or you will have any other questions regarding GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API please feel free to ask.