3.0 Migration License

Hi,

I am trying to migrate the company application to viewer 3.0. It is an MVC .NET C# application.

I have created a very simple view just to return the document which contains:

@Html.Action(“GenerateResponse”, “Profile”);

Then in the controller I am converting the document in a simple way and send the first page, just for testing purposes:

public string GenerateResponse()
{
string documentPath = @“C:”;
string documentName = “word.doc”;

HtmlOptions options = new HtmlOptions();

ViewerConfig config = new ViewerConfig { StoragePath = documentPath, UseCache = false };
ViewerHtmlHandler handler = new ViewerHtmlHandler(config);
List htmlPages = handler.GetPages(documentName, options);

return htmlPages[0].HtmlContent;
}

This works and shows the first page but I am having trouble with the license.

In my global.asax file, in Application_Start() I have coded this:

License lic = new License();
if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings[“LicenseFile”]))
lic.SetLicense(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings[“LicenseFile”]);

And my web.config has this:

But even with that I am getting a limit of 15 views per hour? I assume the same license I had still working in 3.0 right?

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Hi Jleigh,

Thank you for giving a try to GroupDocs.Viewer 3.0

Here probably you are trying to use a relative path for your license file. Which might have some issue.

Kindly try to use absolute path of the license file like following

Happy Codding!

Hi,

I have tried use absolute path but it doesn’t make any difference.

For testing purposes I have try to set up a wrong path and in that case the application throws an exception. When I set up the correct path I get no exception so I know the path is correct and the license is there.

What else can I try?

Kind regards,
Jorge

Hi Jeorge,

I apologize for the trouble you are going through.

As I can see from the status, your subscription is expired so you may not use GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 3.0.0. Please check the subscription expiry date by opening your license XML in notepad. In case you think otherwise, please share your license file following the guidelines:

http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/send-license-to-aspose-staff.aspx

Best Regards

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

The reason we were trying version 3.0 is because we are getting errors in version 2.19 for the same application. The code is like:

Golbal.asax:

Viewer.InitRoutes();
Viewer.SetLicensePath(Server.MapPath("~/Licenses/GroupDocs.Viewer.for.NET.lic"));
Viewer.SetRootStoragePath(Server.MapPath("~/SecureDataFiles/"));

View:

@using Groupdocs.Web.UI

@Html.CreateViewerScriptLoadBlock()

@(Html.ViewerClientCode()
.TargetElementSelector("#test")
.FilePath(“mass_media.doc”)
.Width(500)
.Height(300))

As you can see is a very simple test but I am getting the attached errors.

Regards,

Hi Jeorge,

Thanks for giving a try to GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 3.0.0.

In order to use GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 3.0.0 without evaluation limitations, you can request a temporary licence by following below steps:

1) Launch the purchase wizard: http://purchase.groupdocs.com/purchase/pricing-info-step-1-of-4.aspx

2) In the step 1, please select “.NET Platform” + “GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET” and then add them to the cart.

3) Pass through the next steps using “Right Arrow” icon (available at the right bottom of the page) till the 4th step where you will be able to see “Get a Temporary License” button.

4) Press “Get a Temporary License” and upon successful request submission, you will receive an appropriate message.

Please note that you will have to launch the purchase wizard through your company account having your company / business email address in your user profile. If your profile is associated with a free email provide like gmail, hotmail etc, you may not be able to receive a temporary license.

Please feel free to try the above method to get a temporary license and in case you find issues, please do let us know.

Many Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks again for your response.

Our license works just fine for 2.19 and we are happy to stay on this version if update to 3.0 will required us to pay for a new one but unfortunately I can not make the application work using this version.

I have described the error we are experiencing in my previous message. Could I get some help making 2.19 work in my MVC application? Please let me know if you need more details.

Kind regards,
jleigh:
Hi Muhammad,

Our license works just fine for 2.19 and we are happy to stay on this version if update to 3.0 will required us to pay for a new one but unfortunately I can not make the application work using this version.

Hi Jeorge,

Thanks for your response.

I am happy to share with you that you can still request three critical fixes in the old version 2.19 for a limited time period in case you have an active subscription. Please feel free to have a look at the concerned support policy:

http://groupdocs.com/support/support-policies#support-four

Warm Regards

Hi Muhammad,

We do not have an active subscription, it has expired.

I understand that I am changing the subject of the topic so I am happy to close this ticket.

Thanks for your help, I will open a new ticket describing the problems we are having in version 2.19 for MVC.

Kind regards,