Ability to remove the comments when using replace text

Since the comments is not exported when using the replace text tool, we don’t want our customers to be using it.

I would like to hide it in the context of the replace tool. I was able to hide it using the mouse up event and filtering when the replace_tab is the one selected. However, this does not solve the problem when I start toggling on the comments.

What is the best way to solve this?

Thanks.

Leo

Hi Leo,

Glad to hear that you have found out a temporary workaround and I’m sorry that it doesn’t resolved all issues. To be able to advice you something I will need your code. Please share with me full code of this workaround and I will investigate it and advice you improvements.

Thank you.

Hi Pavel,

I added the script to hide the comment from when user mouseup on the Replace button but I cannot find a way to identify which in the list of comments is for the Replace button.

See attached screenshot.

Thanks.

Leo

Hi Leo,

Thank you for screenshots. You will no identify which comment for which annotation tool because as you can see they all similar it mean that it is the same element added several times (in number of comments). Also could you please describe why are trying to hide comments ? If I understand you correct you want to hide “text replace” comments and retain “text annotation” comments?

Also could you please share this JavaScript code with me that I can put it in my App and check how it works to understand what are trying to do.

Thank you.

Hi Pavel,

We don’t see functional value on the comments section when using the replace tool as the comment is not added to the comments when it is exported to Word. Our workflow requires our users to review the document. Enabling the comments with no functional value for us, we think that it is unnecessary feature. Because of this we decided that when user is using the Replace text it make sense to not display it at all.

Atached is the JS code. Please add this at the bottom of the page.

Leo

Hi Leo,

Thank you for the code and description. I have checked your use case and found out that unfortunately you can hide comment part for the specific annotation type because (as I said earlier) all comments have 100% same HTML and CSS code. They use exactly the same class aand they don’t have ids.

Since all these I can offer you only one variant: Hide all comments - I think this not suitable for you but I will leave it here for some case

Best regards.

Ok.

It would be easier if there is an injection point for events so we can add, remove, or modify specific UI behavior.

Thanks,

Leo

Hi Leo,

Yes, as we discussed it in the another forum thread our Product team will investigate this behavior and add it to our road map. But as you can understand it will be not soon, most likely in the new Annotation on which we work.

Best regards.