Access to path ...INetCache\Content.IE5 is denied error in .NET

I’m seeing this error when trying to convert any file to any other format with GroupDocs.Conversion:

Access to the path ‘C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.IE5’ is denied.

Application: TheConversionServer
Username: clemens.pestuka
Stack: at .()
at Therefore.GroupDocs.Conversion.ConvertFile(…)

Do you have any idea were this could be coming from?
The problem happens for any file type as it seems (I tried with DOCX, XLSX, PPTX and TXT).
It also seems to happen with any output format (tried with PNG and PDF).
The problem starts happening when upgrading GroupDocs.Conversion from 23.5 to 23.6 and goes away when downgrading again.
I tried to reproduce it in a sample program, but I was unable to do so.
It seems the issue only happens in our application, where I cannot share the code.
Do you have any idea what could be the reason?
Would you be able to analyze the issue when providing a setup.exe of our software?
It’s not as easy as a test project, but you could probably still attach to the application and debug once the GroupDocs binaries are loaded.

@Clemens_Pestuka

This indicates that the user account “clemens.pestuka” running the “TheConversionServer” application does not have the necessary permissions to access the specified path.
You may try the following steps:

• Check user permissions
  • Run application as administrator
  • Try a different directory and see if issue persists

Please take a look at this similar thread. Would it be possible for you to share a screencast/video with us? Please also share environment details where you are facing issue.

1 Like

@atir.tahir

Thank you for the answer.
I don’t think it’s a permission problem as I’m running my test programs with the same user.
image.png (11.5 KB)

This file path just does not seem to exist at all.

@atir.tahir

Nevermind… you’re right, my user does not have access to this directory.

image.png (12.8 KB)

So why does GroupDocs need this director in 23.6 now?
If I don’t have permissions, I assume other non-admin users will face the same issue.
Edit: also it’s super strange that I don’t see this issue in any of my test programs, which are run under my user.
Thank you for linking this other thread, I will also try their workaround with font directories.
I just realized that they are also running the GroupDocs code as a service!
I think this might be the key, why I wasn’t able to reproduce it in any test program, as they were not executed as a service.

@Clemens_Pestuka

Please check if this workaround resolves the issue for you. If not, please share a screencast and environment details where you are facing the issue.

1 Like

@atir.tahir

I had time to test the workaround today and can confirm that it’s working fine for me.
Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

Alright.

1 Like