Access to the path 'temp\S' is denied after idle state of 30min+

Hi Team Groupdocs

I am using Viewer for .Net(2.18) in my web application.
I am getting access denied error on temp\S folder when take any action after an idle state of more than 20min.

Caching(temp folder) would again start working properly when i completely refresh the Page.
Rest other action on website works fine even after long idle.

full read/write access has already been assigned to cache folder.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for the request. Unfortunately from your post is not clear how to reproduce the issue. Could you please provide more info about it. Please try to update the library.

Also I glad to inform you that we have released a next generation of the Viewer and the documentation for it is here. Please try to migrate on this version if possible and if you will have any issues or questions related to the new version please make a new forum request and mark it with 3.0 version in the subject.

Thank you.

Hi,

Step to replicate the issue is as below:

1. Open the groupdocs viewers.
There is tree node for each available document on left side(screen portion 25%)
2. select any document and the viewer would display that document appropriately on right side(screen portion 75%).
3. keep the window idle(not in use) for 20 minute. do not take any further action on viewer.
4. After 20 minute when a user again hit the same document or try to access any other document through left side,
An exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred showing the message as
Access to the path 'temp\S' is denied.

If the user completely refresh the page, it again start functioning properly.
It looks like after 20 minute, the viewer class object get null.

let me know all possible solution for this
Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for the instructions. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue. After 20 minutes I have changed the document successfully.

Please try to migrate on the next generation Viewer product which we have released, the documentation for it you can find here. If you will have any issues or questions about it please make a new forum request and mark it with 3.0 in the subject.

Thank you.