Free Support Forum - groupdocs.com

Adding GroupDocs.Viewer to MVC Application

Hi,

I have downloaded the trial version of viewer and I would like to know how can I code it to work on MVC application.

Thanks,
Fanele

Hello Fanele,

Thank you for your interest in GroupDocs. For how to use our library in the MVC project please investigate this article .

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

I have followed the steps but I get this error:

Error 1 ‘System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper’ does not contain a definition for ‘ViewerClientCode’ and no extension method ‘ViewerClientCode’ accepting a first argument of type ‘System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) c:\Users\zondif\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\MvcApplication1\MvcApplication1\Views\Home\Index.cshtml 5 11 MvcApplication1

Please help,

Fanele

Hello Fanele,

To be able to help you to resolve the issue I will need a screenshots of the references added to your project, and all code of the Viewer that you have added. I need to check what exactly and where you have done.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have attached the screen shots.

Hi again,

Thank you for the screenshots. looks like you have missed to add “@using Groupdocs.Web.UI” at the first line of each view (_Layout and index.cshtml).

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

Thanks, lemme change.

Thanks

Fanele