Annotate and print document using .NET

Hi,

if you print a document from GroupDocs.Annotation (your Groupdocs.Demo.Annotation.CustomGUI sample project) in the Microsoft Edge Browser, it prints an empty page.

It prints the whole website instead of the document if GroupDocs.Annotation is placed inside an iframe.

Your online demo:

Containerize.IdentityServer - Single sign-on to access all applications and services of Aspose Pty Ltd.

at least opens the document in a popup to be able to print it.

Regards,

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the notification and we are sorry to hear that you have such issue. I was able to reproduce similar issue with the example project and created a ticket for our Product team. When I will get any news from them I will notify you here.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Pavel,

there is also an issue with the printing without annotations in all browsers.

The document is not printed in full size (like the used printing in other viewers) and its layout is quite the same as printing with annotations (document shrinked to ~40%).

There is also annotation stuff added to the non-annotation print layout.

Regards,

Phil

Hi again,

Yes, I have noticed that and added to the ticket.

Best regards.

Hello,

I see there is a popup now to show just the document. You can print that, but it’s not the default printing behavior of other apps.

Is this the final solution or will there be a more standard one within the next releases?

Regards,

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the request. Can you please share with us which version exactly you use currently.

Thank you.

@pwollmann,

Please download and explore our open-source GitHub example projects (e.g. WebForms, MVC). You can successfully add annotation in the source document and print it out. Let us know if you face any issue.