Free Support Forum - groupdocs.com

Annotation integration with JSON storage

Hi,

i’m trying to integrate annotations in a .net mvc project with json storage. As i can see on the documentation, the only difference is on application start method where a boolean set this storage type and after set the path…
But on creating a widget instance, there’s a series of exceptions “first-chance exception of type ‘System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException’ in System.Data.dll”…
There’s any other paramethers to be setted? there’s no examples on documentation about this storage type use…

thank you

boscolo

Hi Gianluca,

I’m sorry to hear that you have such issue. It is very simple. You need to use the second overload of the “Groupdocs.Web.Annotation.WidgetFactory.Initialize” static method:
public static void Initialize(HttpContext context, bool useJsonRepo, string storagePath = “~/App_Data”);

You need to use it and specify a “true” value for the second parameter “useJsonRepo”. After executing this code and applying the annotations you will see several new JSON files in the “~/App_Data” folder (or where the root storage is present).

Best regards.

Thanks for your reply,

The problem is that i already set this paramether to true in global asax but i get the sql error, don’t know why…

Hi Gianluca,

Sorry for the delay. On the next week will be release of the new library and samples for it. The issue should be resolved in it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Pavel,

so it’s a problem of annotation library? Thanks

Gianluca

Hi Gianluca,

The release should be in the end of the week, then I will be able to test this issue again and share with you more info.

Best regards.