Annotation issue - Polyline doesn't work in Java

1. Polyline doesn’t appear in PDF files
  2. Polyline degrades upon multiple saves in DOCX files

Polyline doesn’t appear in PDF files
This is a core lib issue, I made tests with the examples available in the Annotation Project with the AddPolylineAnnotation class, the polyline doesn`t appear in PDF files, just in DOCX.

Polyline degrades upon multiple saves in DOCX files
This is a problem in the web project not in the core lib, I already tested the same scenario with the lib and it is working as expected. So for reproduce the issue:

• clone the project
  • start the server with mvn clean spring-boot:run
  • open the annotation page, upload the example file in the attach
  • draw the polyline annotation and save the document
  • repeat this last step sometimes and you see that the previous annotations will disappear.

PS: Please, update the annotation dependency of this repository from 19.7 to 21.7 in the pom, someone update the code but forgot to update the maven dependency.
And I think that before running the project will be necessary do the changes that I suggested in this other ticket, because that problem still exists in the main branch.

Git project: GitHub - groupdocs-total/GroupDocs.Total-for-Java: GroupDocs.Total Java Examples
Git branch: main
Git revision: ce15ad72
Browser: Version 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)
SO: Windows 10
Java version: 1.8.0_281
Exemple file for issue 2:
Video for issue 2 - polyline-bug.mkv: Google Drive
word.docx (12.0 KB)

@john.mcqueide

We’re investigating these issues. Your investigation ticket ID is ANNOTATIONJAVA-1344.

Please download or clone this version of the project.
Let us know if issue persists.

@Atir_Tahir

So project GroupDocs.Total-for-Java was discontinued?

@Atir_Tahir

Yes, it was fixed.

1 Like

@john.mcqueide

We recommend you to always use this application.

Good to know that the issue is fixed.

Hello, any update about the Polyline doesn’t appear in PDF files issue? Can someone give an ETA for it?

@john.mcqueide

This issue is still under investigation.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ANNOTATIONJAVA-1344) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by vitaliy.rezchikov