Attachment resources are not embedded

Hi.

Based on the ModrenUI example code I’ve been writing our viewer front end. Because we want to store the cached HTML in S3 we will find it simpler to use the HtmlOptions.IsResourcesEmbedded = true option. This works fine for Word documents, PDF and emails (from .msg files) but the resource files for the email attachments are not embedded.

Please can you tell me whether there is separate configuraiton option for the email attachment resources or if this is a bug in the .NET viewer?

Thanks,
Darryl

@dbaker1,

Thanks for using GruopDocs.Viewer and sharing your concerns with us.

Would you please share with us the code you are using to render the attachments? Furthermore, it will be helpful for us if you also provide the sample .msg file. We shall be looking forward to your response.

I thought you might ask - it’s part of our application now, so I attempted to reproduce the issue with a small change to the ModrenUI example. In doing so I discovered my error - the code DocumentInfoController.cs where it calls the handler.GetPages() - I didn’t add the HtmlOptions in that call (just the one for the pages for the parent file).

Having made that change to the ModrenUI app, it works as expected.

The symptom (for anyone else who might read this) was that my email was converted to a single page1.html file with the resources embedded, but the attachments had resource folders containing the styles.css and font.woff files. Just remember to specify the HtmlOptions.IsResourcesEmbedded = true on all of your calls to ViewerHtmlHandler.GetPages().

Thanks,
Darryl

@dbaker1,

Its good to know that your issue is resolved now. In case of any other query, please feel free to let us know.