Batch print through Viewer

Hi,

We noticed that there is an significant improvement of the ability to View the .DWG files which are of crucial importance for our business in the new Viewer dll 17.4.0.0.

We have a specific need in our application.

We use a feature where a user can schedule a print of batch files that executes through task scheduler at a given time.

Is there an option or an internal method of the Viewer class that we can use so we can set a print job to send multiple files for printing with an option to set the print settings parameters like color, width height, orientation, etc… without opening the file for viewing especially necessary for .DWG files.

A working example would be great if possible.

PS. When using the GroupDocs.Viewer.WebForm.FrontEnd i noticed that the Image representation is always loaded but the HTML represention is stuck on loading. Is there a problem with the HTML representation of files?

Hi Petroski,

Thanks for using GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

Is there an option or an internal method of the Viewer class that we can use so we can set a print job to send multiple files for printing with an option to set the print settings parameters like color, width height, orientation, etc… without opening the file for viewing especially necessary for .DWG files.

Unfortunately, the feature of printing documents (as you mentioned above) is not supported by GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

Furthermore, the issue of viewing DWG files is related to the front end application. The back-end GroupDocs.Viewer is rendering the file without any issue. Therefore, we have logged it in our GitHub issues as https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/issues/132. We shall look into it and in case of any updates, we’ll notify you.

In case of any confusion, please do let us know.

Warm Regards

Hi Usman Aziz,

Thanks for your response.

But isnt the viewer it self able to print the file displaying? The print feature is there when you display the file in the viewer… Can’t we use that option even if it is a file at a time?
Just without the actual displaying but printing the files in the behind.

Hi Petroski,

Thanks for coming back.

Printing any document is implemented in the Showcase applications, however, it is not the feature of back-end GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API. The API enables you getting printable HTML of any document or rendering a document as PDF with print action. However, it does not provide any built-in function to print the document(s) without opening it.

In case you would have any confusion, please do let us know.

Warm Regards

Hi there,

was the html representation of DWG files fixed? i noticed that on the ticket thread there isn’t any update regarding this issue.

@petroskigoran,

Thanks for coming back to us.

We don’t yet have any updates regarding the issue of DWG files. As soon as we have any updates, we’ll share that with you. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Warm Regards

@petroskigoran,

Your reported issue (logged as [WEBFORM-10010] : Unable to View .dwg Files in HTML Mode · Issue #132 · groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET · GitHub) has been fixed in our latest front-end application GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET-WebForms-App. Please download the application from the following repository.

Regards

@usman.aziz
Thanks for the notification i will investigate the project link you send me.

In the mean while we have come across an error happening and it started 2 weeks ago.
It happens anytime when we try to view .txt, .docx, .xlsx files or the older extensions like .doc .xls, .ppt. Drawings seems that gets loaded good but the mentioned extensions are giving me problems.

Take a look at the attached picture and please give me some update fast.
Thanks.
error.png (22.0 KB)

@petroskigoran,

Thanks for coming back to us.

We are unable to reproduce your reported issue at our end using the latest version of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET. Furthermore, we also checked the issue in GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET-WebForms-App and the documents with your mentioned extensions are rendering without any issue. We recommend you to please use the latest version of GroupDocs.Viewer and also, please try our latest front-end application that is mentioned above. In case the issue persists, please provide us the problematic document.