Browse and annotate a file programmatically in .NET

Hi,

When I deploy the GroupDocs.Annotation project to IIS, the Browse files functionality is not working. It is found that the [Route(“loadFileTree”)] of AnnotationApiController is not working.

Can you please shed some light into the issue.

thanks and regards,

Minu

1 Like

@minumary,

Are you using any of our open-source projects? If yes, please tell which one.
Otherwise, please share the sample application with us and also mention the API version that you have integrated in the project.

Yes. I used the GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET MVC Example from GitHub. version 1.19.0.

IIS verion : 10

Without making any changes , I deployed it to IIS. groupdoc-issue.png (37.0 KB)

Below is the response I am getting when I click on Browse files Icon:
[HttpException]: A public action method 'loadFileTree' was not found on controller 'GroupDocs.Annotation.MVC.Controllers.AnnotationController'.
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.HandleUnknownAction(String actionName)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

The link to the zipped application folder is : GroupDocMVC.zip

@minumary,

We are investigating this issue. As we have any update, you’ll be notified.

Hi,

Waiting for a fast direction.

Thanks and regards,
Minu

@minumary,

Your reported issue is now resolved. Please see this screenshot.JPG (95.4 KB). We’d recommend you to clone/download latest commit.

Hi atirtahir3,

The issue is still existing. I downloaded the latest solution that you mentioned in the above mail. Installed to IIS without any changes.

Please see the below 2 images.
Browse-files-icon.png (10.0 KB)
Response.png (63.7 KB)

The issue is, it is not routing to the AnnotationApiController action method loadFileTree and instead looking the loadFileTree action method in AnnotationController.

If I run the code from the solution, it all works fine.But installing in IIS, the Browse file fails.

Thanks in advance,

Minu

@minumary,

We’ve logged this issue on GitHub. You can follow this link. However, we’ll also update you here as there is any update.

Thanks, atirtahir3

1 Like

@minumary,

You are welcome.

Hi atirtahir3,

Any updates on the issue.

thank in advance,

Minu

1 Like

@minumary,

Your issue is still under investigation. We’ll share a correct solution soon to make it work simultaneously from Visual Studio and on IIS. But as for now, you can follow this temporary work-around:

• You could add the sub-application under your annotation site
  • Specify alias annotation and set the same physical path to the files

Please see this screenshot.jpg (178.8 KB)

Thanks, atirtahir3. It’s working now.

thanks and regards,

Minu

1 Like

@minumary,

You are welcome.