Browser crashes while trying to preview file

Hello

I have a problem with *.xlsx file in attachment. When I’m trying to preview it in my browser, it freezes and after few seconds I get error that page is not responding.
Could You maybe investigate this problem? What is the reason?

With Reagrds
Rafael

@rufhs1,

Thanks for using GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

We apologize for inconvenience. Can you please provide us the version of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET you are using at your end? Furthermore, if you are using any of the open source showcase applications then please mention its name. We shall be looking forward to your response.

Warm Regards

We are using GroupDocs Viewer 17.5 with ASP.NET_WebForm_Front_End.

@rufhs1,

Thanks for providing the information.

We have successfully reproduced your reported issue at our end. The issue has been logged into our Issue Tracking System (with ID: VIEWERNET-1303) for further investigation. In case we would have any updates related to it, we’ll notify you here.

Warm Regards

@rufhs1,

We are delighted to inform you that the issue mentioned in this topic has been resolved and its fix is available in GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 17.8.0.

The issue was occurring because the first sheet of your provided Excel document contains a huge number (1048576) of empty rows (see this) and the API was trying to render the complete worksheet. To tackle this situation, we have introduced a new feature that ignores the empty rows in the Excel worksheet. To see how to ignore the empty rows, please visit this article. In case you find any thing difficult for you, please do let us know.