Can I use GroupDocs on mono?

I get error on mono:

Could not load type ‘GroupDocs.Viewer.Handler.ViewerHtmlHandler’ from assembly ‘GroupDocs.Viewer, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’.

on window .net working well

Hi Yaoming,

Thanks for using GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API.

Yes, you can use GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API in Mono and we are pleased to inform you that your reported issue is resolved in the upcoming release (v3.6.0) of the API. Whenever v3.6.0 of the API is released, you will get an automated notification here. Please stay tuned.

Have a nice day.

Warm Regards

The issues you have found earlier (filed as VIEWERNET-821) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by groupdocs.notifier.

I use Version 3.6.

but I got a new error.
detail on attachment.

Hi Yaoming,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you please provide us the following details.

• Version of Mono.
  • Name and version of OS you are using.
  • Part of the code where you are getting the exception.

We shall be waiting for your response.

Warm Regards
Environment Info:
Process:               mono-sgen32 [28695]

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/4.4.2/bin/mono-sgen32
Identifier: mono-sgen32
Code Type: X86 (Native)

Mono Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G31) EI Capitan
Code:
string basePath = /Users/Yaoming/Projects/GroupDocsVieweer/GroupDocsVieweer/bin/Debug;

ViewerConfig vc = new ViewerConfig();

vc.TempPath = /Users/Yaoming/Projects/GroupDocsVieweer/GroupDocsVieweer/bin/Debug/tmep;

vc.StoragePath = /Users/Yaoming/Projects/GroupDocsVieweer/GroupDocsVieweer/bin/Debug;

vc.UseCache = true;

HtmlOptions ho = new HtmlOptions();

ho.IsResourcesEmbedded = true;

// Error occurred on this line.
ViewerHtmlHandler vh = new ViewerHtmlHandler(vc);

string source_file = /Users/Yaoming/Projects/GroupDocsVieweer/GroupDocsVieweer/bin/Debug/demo.docx;

var pages = vh.GetPages(source_file, ho);

var src = new FileInfo(source_file);

foreach (var page in pages)
{
string file = string.Format("{0}/{1}-{2}", basePath, page.PageNumber, src.Name);

File.WriteAllText(file, page.HtmlContent);
}

Hi Yaoming,

Thanks for providing the required details.

We apologize for inconvenience. I have created an investigation ticket in our internal Issue Tracking System as VIEWERNET-859. We shal investigate it and in case of any updates, we will notify you here. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Warm Regards

Hi Yaoming,

Please download the sample console application shared in the provided Google Drive link and check if you are still able to reproduce the issue in that. We shall be waiting for your response.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ZcY_yNqgtzNU10cXYzbjMzN0U/view

Have a nice day.
Warm Regards

I got a message than program no response.

Maybe my computer problem?

YaomingMBP15:~ Yaoming$ clear; cd "/Users/Yaoming/Desktop/ConsoleTester/ConsoleTester/bin/Debug"; "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/bin/mono32" --debug --debugger-agent=transport=dt_socket,address=127.0.0.1:56975 "/Users/Yaoming/Desktop/ConsoleTester/ConsoleTester/bin/Debug/ConsoleTester.exe" ; echo $? > /var/folders/6t/fg8f6gg924gc759y4fqwcxzc0000gn/T/tmp65d0afd5.tmp; echo; read -p 'Press any key to continue...' -n1; exit

Hi Yaoming.

Thanks for quick response. As we have any updates on it, we shall inform you here. Thanks for your cooperation.

Warm Regards

Hi Yaoming,

It looks like application was executed successfully. Please check if you get output documents “page-1.html” and “page-2.html” in the output directory https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0ZcY_yNqgtzVXhiWTIzME90RE0.

We shall be waiting for your response.

Warm Regards

thank you very much, it worked.

<span style=“color: rgb(36, 39, 41); font-family: Arial, “Helvetica Neue”, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 19.5px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>
<span style=“color: rgb(36, 39, 41); font-family: Arial, “Helvetica Neue”, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 19.5px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>I try to expain what happened.

I use Xamarin Studio to debug ConsoleTester project.
I setup some break point than run <span style=“color: rgb(36, 39, 41); font-family: Arial, “Helvetica Neue”, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 19.5px;”>ConsoleTester project on <span style=“line-height: 19.5px; color: rgb(36, 39, 41); font-family: Arial, “Helvetica Neue”, Helvetica, sans-serif;”>debug mode.

run on line:
ViewerHtmlHandler htmlHandler = new ViewerHtmlHandler (viewerConfig);
Xamarin stoped debug mode, I don't know what happend.

but I run code direct without debug, it worked.

Hi Yaoming,

Its good to know that your issue is resolved.

You can now incorporate the changes into your application accordingly to check its behavior. In case of any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day.

Warm Regards