Can not open autocad files in viewer

Hello,

I try to open 2010 and 2011 autocad files. Viewer didnt open them. Viewer says “The document couldn’t be loaded…”. I try to open file from stream. I download autocad samples from their official web site.

I try this;

return GDocsViewer.Viewer.ClientCode()
.TargetElementSelector("#test").ShowFolderBrowser(false)
.Stream(new FileStream(ddlFile.SelectedItem.ToString(), FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.Read), Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(ddlFile.SelectedItem.ToString())
, Path.GetExtension(ddlFile.SelectedItem.ToString()), Path.GetFileName(ddlFile.SelectedItem.ToString()), false)
.EnableRightClickMenu(false)
.ShowThumbnails(true)
.OpenThumbnails(false)
.ZoomToFitWidth()
.Width(1000)
.Height(750).UseHtmlBasedEngine().ToString();
and this;

return GDocsViewer.Viewer.ClientCode()
.TargetElementSelector("#test").ShowFolderBrowser(false)
.Stream(new FileStream(ddlFile.SelectedItem.ToString(), FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.Read), Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(ddlFile.SelectedItem.ToString())
, Path.GetExtension(ddlFile.SelectedItem.ToString()), Path.GetFileName(ddlFile.SelectedItem.ToString()), false)
.EnableRightClickMenu(false)
.ShowThumbnails(true)
.OpenThumbnails(false)
.ZoomToFitWidth()
.Width(1000)
.Height(750).ToString();
both are the same.The document couldn’t be loaded…”

Hello Fkucuk,

Thank you for providing us the files. Unfortunately GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET supports only DWG 2004 file format, newer versions are not supported. Support of all other DWG versions is already present in our roadmap, but we cannot say when this feature will be implemented.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.

The 2004 file version is very out of date! None of our customers use it. So there is no usable DWG support right now.

But our customers are in need of the support of the more common versions 2013, 2010 and 2007.

Please let us know when these versions are supported. Thanks a lot!

Hello,

Thank you for your request. Currently our product team works on the brand new Viewer. This new Viewer will have allot of new features and new file formats will be added. We understand that currently supported DWG version is old and you need supporting of the versions but unfortunately we can’t provide exact date of the release. When new Viewer will be available you will be notified.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

In previous post i see that GroupDocs only has support till dwg 2004 files. Its very very old version. When are we going to get support for latest ones.
Last reply on this post is june 15. And still the viewer dosent support the latest dwg files.
Are we really going to get support for latest AutoCAD files or not?

@Niteen_Jadhav,

Thanks for contacting support.

At the moment, GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET supports following AutoCAD formats and versions:

• AutoCAD DXF
  • DWG release 11, 12, 13, 14
  • DWG 2000, 2000i, 2002
  • DWG 2004, 2005, 2006
  • DWG 2010, 2011, 2012
  • DWG 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

For a complete list of supported formats, please visit this documentation article.