Cannot annotate in IIS 7

I am trying to run the webforms-based example in IIS but I am not able to annotate.
i face error message,

{“Message”:“Invalid web service call, missing value for parameter: \u0027connectionId\u0027.”,“StackTrace”:" at System.Web.Script.Services.WebServiceMethodData.CallMethod(Object target, IDictionary2 parameters)\r\n at System.Web.Script.Services.WebServiceMethodData.CallMethodFromRawParams(Object target, IDictionary2 parameters)\r\n at System.Web.Script.Services.RestHandler.InvokeMethod(HttpContext context, WebServiceMethodData methodData, IDictionary`2 rawParams)\r\n at System.Web.Script.Services.RestHandler.ExecuteWebServiceCall(HttpContext context, WebServiceMethodData methodData)",“ExceptionType”:“System.InvalidOperationException”}

However, running it from Visual Studio, the annotation works.

Thank’s

@Nayla,

Thanks for your inquiry. From you query we are not sure about GroupDocs.Annotation API version. Can you please share the version of the API and problematic file with us?. We’ll appreciate your cooperation.

@sami.cheema

I’m trying webforms-based example that use GroupDocs.Annotation API 17.8.0.0.

GroupDocs.Demo.Annotation.Webforms.zip (6.0 KB)

@Nayla,

We are investigating your issue and we will get back to you after completing the investigation. Your cooperation in this regard will be highly appreciated.

@Nayla,

We are unable to reproduced this issue at our end. We tried following steps to reproduce the issue

1. Installed .NET framework version 4.7 using Windows Features
  2. Published Project by right click on the project in Solution Explorer
  3. Copy published project to the directory at C:\inetpub\wwwroot
  4. Give all rights to IIS user for copied project at above directory
  5. Add project as a website from IIS Manager
  6. Assigned port 8085 to assure that port is not used by any other process
  7. Restarted the website from the right menu in IIS Manager
  8. Browse the website directly or from the right menu of IIS Manager
  9. Added multiple types of annotations

Kindly follow above steps to deploy the project at your end and let us know if your issue is resolved.

thank’s @sami.cheema,

that issue has resolved, and annotate running well on local PC.
but annotate can’t run on our server after copy published project to C:\inetpub\wwwroot in server.
when try annotate, I face message
{“Message”:“There was an error processing the request.”,“StackTrace”:"",“ExceptionType”:""}

any solution for that issue?

@Nayla,

In order to further investigate your issue, we are required following information from you:

• How did you configure the server? Please share all steps
  • .NET framework version you integrated
  • OS and its version where project is deployed
  • Complete details of the exception you are facing
  • Problematic file you are trying to annotate

We’ll appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Hi @sami.cheema

1. we have already server since 2012, and we are usually using this server for other web apps. there isn’t problem for other web apps.
    and for this project, I just follow your steps without Assigned port 8085.
  2. we use .NET framework version 4.5.
  3. Windows server 2007, 64 bit.
  4. we are facing this message only. no more.
    {“Message”:“There was an error processing the request.”,“StackTrace”:"",“ExceptionType”:""}
  5. below are attached file.
    GroupDocs.Demo.Annotation.Webforms.zip (5.9 KB)

are there any step for setup in the server?

@Nayla,

In order to find root cause of the issue, we are required complete exception stack trace. You can see full exception by adding <customErrorsmode="Off" /> in Web.config under <system.web> tag.

We’ll be looking forward to your response.

hi @sami.cheema

sorry for late response.
the issue has solved with Copy published project to the other server which have same version of .NET framework.

but I still have some questions for you,

1. how to implement multi user for annotate, how to add new user/collaborator for annotate the document?
  2. how to export list of annotation to client PC.

Thank’s

@Nayla,

Please note that API permits developers to do collaborators/user management. You can perform following operations:
1 Adding Collaborator
2 Getting Collaborator
3 Updating Collaborator
4 Deleting Collaborator
5 Managing Collaborator Rights
Learn more about it in this article. As far as exporting list of annotations to a document is concerned, you can export annotations from data storage to a document. Please go through this article for more details.

@sami.cheema

i want to acces this showcase project from my web apps for integration, and i have made the link in my web apps for open new window browser(for open annotation web).
when I face annotation window, i see Comments for annotation on the right on screen “By Anonim A.”
i would like that name is the user who access this web apps and added the user as collaborator.

how can I implement that?

do you have sample script or project to do that.

thank’s

@Nayla,

The name (“Anonym A.”) shown on the right side of the screen is the name of the user defined in this project for annotation. Please see below line of code in DocumentOpenSubscriber.cs using to add this user/collaborator. You may change this name of the user/collaborator to show your desired one. For more details please see this article.

svc.AddCollaborator(path, "GroupDocs@GroupDocs.com", "Anonym", "A.", null);

Moreover, please clean all the cached files in temp or cache folder in storage directory.

@sami.cheema

thank you for your explanation.

and now, how to access this annotation apps with other user name(from session) instead GroupDocs@GroupDocs.com like image below
CaptureAnnoUser.PNG (2.8 KB)

Thank’s

@Nayla,

We’ve logged this scenario as an investigation in our internal issue tracking system. Once we have any update, we’ll notify you. Your patience in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Any updates ?

@Nayla,

We are still investigating this particular scenario, as we have any update you will be notified. Your patience will be appreciated.