Compare PDF Java API Diff

Dear Sir or Madam.

We are currently looking for a Java Api which give us the functionality to compare and generate a diff PDF file containing the differences and changes between 2 PDF files.

As I already read your API can provide this functionality so I wonder if I can check one example of this comparison online to give a soon feedback to the project manager.

An example of three PDFs (File 1, File 2 , Result) would be good too in case there is not an online site to check it.

We only need this functionality (PDF comparison) for one developer and one Deployment location so I also would like to know pricing information.

Sincerely yours
Daniel Leon
Technical Leader Java

This Topic is created by rida.fatima using the Email to Topic plugin.

@dleon,

Thank you for showing your interest in GroupDocs Products.

We are glad to inform you that our GroupDocs.Comaprison for Java API is specifically built for the purpose of comparing documents. The API supports a number of formats along with the PDF format. Please visit the product’s documentation for a better understanding about the API.
Now let’s move on to your questions:

1-As I already read your API can provide this functionality so I wonder if I can check one example of this comparison online to give a soon feedback to the project manager.
Kindly download our sample project hosted on github which contains some examples implementing and using the features of of the API. Kindly run the showcase project at your end. The showcase sample project is a Java Servlet Based Front End web application that demonstrates the use of GroupDocs.Comparison for Java API. Also visit the documentation of this showcase project for a better understanding of the working of the project.

2- We only need this functionality (PDF comparison) for one developer and one Deployment location so I also would like to know pricing information.
GroupDocs has different license types based on the number of developers and deployment locations. Please visit this link for further information about our license types. Based on the license type you need, you can find the price information here.

Let us know in case you find something missing.Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you for your quick reply!Captura.PNG (27.9 KB)
I cloned, installed and deployed the showcase app to compare files successfully. However when I compare 2 pdf compara1.pdf (279.0 KB)
compara2.pdf (281.2 KB) I get the following error:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /compare. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.groupdocs.ui.comparison.Compare.service(Compare.java:53)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.groupdocs.comparison.internal.c.a.pd.j.a(Unknown Source)
at com.groupdocs.comparison.internal.c.a.pd.j.a(Unknown Source)
at com.groupdocs.comparison.internal.c.a.pd.j.m2(Unknown Source)

Also If i try to compare two simple pdf files (1 table with 1 row and 2 Columns)a1.pdf (81.8 KB)
a2.pdf (82.1 KB)

I get the following exception
Caused by: class com.groupdocs.comparison.internal.c.a.pd.c.f: At most 4 elements (for any collection) can be viewed in evaluation mode.

@dleon
Thank you for coming back.
I cloned, installed and deployed the showcase app to compare files successfully.
I am assuming that you were not only able to deploy the showcase app but were also successful in comparing some files, except for the 2 files you have mentioned here(compare1.pdf and compare2.pdf). We have downloaded these files. We will investigate the issue at our end and will let you know of our findings at our earliest.

Also If i try to compare two simple pdf files (1 table with 1 row and 2 Columns)a1.pdf (81.8 KB)
a2.pdf (82.1 KB)

I get the following exception
Caused by: class com.groupdocs.comparison.internal.c.a.pd.c.f: At most 4 elements (for any collection) can be viewed in evaluation mode.
When you are running the API in trial mode, some limitations are imposed on the API’s features. The error you are getting is also related to those limitations. Please visit this link to have a better understanding of the limitations imposed on the comparison API while running it in trial mode.

Let us know in case you find something ambiguous.

No, I could not compare any pair of files not even the most simplest. Sometimes I get either the first or the second error reported in the previous post.

@dleon,

Sorry to hear that you are facing such an issue. We are investigating the issue at our end and will provide you with a solution at our earliest.

@dleon,

We have investigated the issue at our end and it has been observed that this issue is raised only when you are running the API in trial mode. We have therefore logged this issue in our internal tracking system and will update you shortly on this.
However, the good thing is; you can avail a 30 days temporary license which permits you to avail all the functionalities of the API. Please load/apply the license and share your experience with us. We look forward to your response.

I just requested a temporary license as suggested. As soon as i receive the license file I will try the show case app again.

@dleon,
Glad to hear that.

Once I installed the licence I run some examples with some PDF files, the result file in all cases still had some bugs and the real case scenario (Files compara1.pdf and compara2.pdf previously attached) threw a NullPointerException. So We are wondering If we buy the licence how far will your development team go in supporting and producing the result file as It is expected?

@dleon,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us with some sample files that are causing issues at your end, so that we can investigate it further?

Of course. compara1.pdf (279.0 KB)
compara2.pdf (281.2 KB)

@dleon

Thank you for sharing sample files. This issue is logged on our ticketing system with ID: COMPARISONJAVA-231 . Once we have any update regarding this issue, we will inform you here.