Free Support Forum - groupdocs.com

Compare PPT documents with style changes detection in Java

Hello ,

My use case is to compare and identify differences between 2 ppt’s. All differences in style, text, anchor positions, text alignment etc needs to be identified. I am using groupdocs 19.10.
I have a valid purchased license.
In my testing, i have noticed that if an element on the ppt is moved ( like an image got moved or a line got moved) etc the difference is not reported. Is there a specific method in the ComparisonSettings class that i should call?

Currently, I am using the following methods

settings.setGenerateSummaryPage(true);
    settings.setCalculateComponentCoordinates(true);
    settings.setDetailLevel(3);
    settings.setStyleChangeDetection(true);
    settings.setShowDeletedContent(true);
    settings.setSensitivityOfComparison(100);

Let me know if there any other recommendations to catch all changes between 2 ppts.

1 Like

@pnatteru,

Please share following details with us, we’ll then investigate this scenario:

• Development environment (Java or .NET)
  • Source and Target PPT files along with expectd output

Dev environment is Java.

I am comparing Test Sample 1 ppt with Test Compare PPT. you can notice that the position of the text “Welcoming Folks. This is a test to check if PPT’s match” is different between the 2 PPT’s.

I have attached the result page as well. It does not seem to recognize that the position of the text rectangle is different.

Also, I found this method in an older version.
settings.setMovedContentDetection. This method is depricated in the latest version.

Result Page 1.jpg (148.8 KB)
Result Page 2.png (41.5 KB)
Test Compare.jpg (153.8 KB)
Test Sample 1.jpg (151.4 KB)

1 Like

@pnatteru,

Thanks for sharing the details. We are investigating this scenario (detect element position changings). Your investigation ticket ID is CONVERSIONJAVA-845. As there is any update, you’ll be notified.