Comparison error and false positive

Hello I am with a company demoing your doc comparison solution with some test PDF’s.

1. Why am I getting the attached corrupt data error?

2. How do I read the outputted redline document. The “m” is highlighted red but putting both docs side by side there is no indication of a difference.

Thanks Chris

Hello Chris,

We are sorry to hear that you have such issue. We will answer your questions in order that you asked them.

1. Please share with us version of the Comparison library that you use and also share what do you have in this code block (what data have you set for the Source, Target and Result file name)
2. Our Comparison library generates result file which contains all changes. If you will open source and target files you will not see any changes (they will stay with out any changes). Since that to view the changes you should open result file (the file which you set in the ResultFileName property). For more information please check - https://products.groupdocs.com/comparison

Thank you.

Attached are the docs I compared and how I assigned target/destination

I am using GroupDocs.Comparison_2.3.0_Samples.msi version

Also I used the online comparing tool with the same results minus the corrupt file error I asked about.

When you look at the source and destination the word Amount appears the same even though there is a reported difference in the resulting redline doc.

Are there varying degrees when comparing to avoid false positives?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the examples. We have checked them with the latest version of the Comparison library and all works fine for us. Please try with latest version.

Thank you.

Did you get differences?

I had used the online compare tool too.

When you look at the source and destination the word ‘Amount’ appears the same even though there is a reported difference in the resulting redline doc.

Are there varying degrees when comparing to avoid false positives?

Hello,

Yes, we get changes. As you can see from this screenshot Comparison marked such changes as: deleted space and time label changed. The “Amount” word doesn’t marked as changed.

Please try to set such configs: http://prntscr.com/77m6qx

If this will not help you please share with as a screencast which will show your results and we will create a bug ticket.

Thank you.