Complex PDF's not getting compared in .Net Framework

Hi Team,

I got temporary license for PDF comparison for .Net framework and able to compare simple pdf (with only text) files.
However, trying to compare complex pdf (with tables, header/footer and other elements), i am not getting any error neither any output. the code hags up on Compare method.

Could you please check and provide me any solution ?

Thanks in advance !!!

@KunalKashid

Please share following details and we’ll look into this issue:

• API version (e.g. 20.5, 20.7)
  • Sample code and files for comparison

API Version : 20.8.0<a class=“attachment” groupDocsPOC-Code.zip (557 Bytes)
1New.pdf (110.2 KB)
2New2.pdf (111.5 KB)

Please check attached requested files.

Also, when i compared two pdf’s having only table in it, it is getting compared but the table in result pdf is not in table format.
y1.pdf (51.7 KB)
y2.pdf (51.7 KB)
resultPDF1.pdf (99.3 KB)
please see attached sample pdf and result pdf.

@KunalKashid

Thank you for sharing the details. These issues are reproduced at our end. We’ve logged them in our internal issue tracking system with ID COMPARISONNET-2456 for further investigation and resolution. You’ll be notified as there’s any update.

Hi,

Could you please let me know by when you will be identify this issue and solution for the same ?

As, currently we are working on the POC to finalize the approach for document comparison, we need to decide the approach ASAP. it will be really helpful if you could provide your inputs on same.

Thanks in advance !!!

@KunalKashid

Please note that all issues/tickets are handled on first come first served basis. COMPARISONNET-2456 is still under investigation. We’ll surely notify you as there’s any update.

any updates on this ticket ?

@KunalKashid

This issue is expected to be fixed in API version 20.10. We’ll notify you as the release gets on-board.

Hi tahir,

my temporary license will expire next 10 days, could you please check with your team and provide me updated on queries i reported ? so that i can implement further changes with license trial period.

1 Like

@KunalKashid

After a detailed investigation on COMPARISONNET-2456, we came to know that the content (looks like a table in the provided PDF) is not a table, it’s a paragraph that looks like a table. And API absorbs those “tables” as TextLines and compares them as paragraphs and parse without tabular format. Attached is the expected result.pdf (168.9 KB) that we could achieve in upcoming release of the API.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as COMPARISONNET-2456) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by atirtahir3