Conflict between GroupDocs.Redaction and Aspose.PDF version 22.8.0 onwards leads to Redaction Failure

Hello there,

I have come across an issue in my development project involving document redaction with GroupDocs.Redaction. When I include the GroupDocs.Redaction library in my project, the redaction of documents functions as expected. However, when I add a reference to the Aspose.PDF library (version 22.8.0 and onwards), the redaction process fails.

Below are the details of my scenario:

Below are the details of my scenario:

Environment:

• GroupDocs.Redaction version: 23.3.0
  • Aspose.PDF version: (Starting from 22.8.0 and onwards)

Source code

using GroupDocs.Redaction.Redactions;
using GroupDocs.Redaction;
using static System.Drawing.Color;

using FileStream stream = File.OpenRead("input.pdf");
using var redactor = new Redactor(stream);
var log = redactor.Apply(new ExactPhraseRedaction("Boring", new(Black)));
Console.WriteLine(log.Status);
foreach (var redactionLog in log.RedactionLog)
{
    Console.WriteLine($"{redactionLog.Redaction.Description} [{redactionLog.Result.Status}] : {redactionLog.Result.ErrorMessage}");
}
using (FileStream fsOutput = File.OpenWrite("output.pdf"))
redactor.Save(fsOutput, new() { Enabled = false });

Reproduction Steps:

1. Create a project with GroupDocs.Redaction. Perform redaction on a sample PDF document.
  2. Add a reference to Aspose.PDF (version 22.8.0 or later).
  3. Perform the same redaction process.

Expected Result: The redaction process should work without any issues after adding a reference to Aspose.PDF.

Applied
ExactPhraseRedaction (searching for "Boring") [Applied] :

Actual Result: The redaction process fails after adding a reference to Aspose.PDF (version 22.8.0 or later).

Failed
ExactPhraseRedaction (searching for "Boring") [Failed] : System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Aspose.Pdf.Rectangle..ctor(Double, Double, Double, Double)'.
   at .(TextFragment , Color )
   at .ReplaceText(Regex , ReplacementOptions )

Input PDF:

embedded.pdf (3.0 KB)

@iulianP5X4LMC2
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): REDACTIONNET-427

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.