Controls are not Showing Properly - HTML to PDF Conversion Using C#

Hello,
I am using temporary license and trying to convert the HTML to PDF. The text box, check box, drop down box controls not showing up correctly. Also the document showing “This document was truncated here because it was created in the Evaluation Mode.”
Could you please help how to resolve it. Attached the file and screenshot for reference. 9e3daa21-3076-40b3-8229-e653221e55ac.pdf (196.2 KB)
Capture.PNG (60.6 KB)

Thank you.

@mousumidas

Please share following details and we’ll investigate this issue:

• API version that you are using (e.g. 21.11, 20.10)
  • Sample code
  • Source HTML file
  • License file (please share it in a private message)
  • API version that you are using - 21.11.0

• Sample code - Attached

• Source HTML file - attached in zip file.code_html.zip (20.6 KB)

• License file - sent in secure emailcodeimage.PNG (29.3 KB)

Also attached generated PDF file here. No evaluation message is comingHTMLToPDF.pdf (114.1 KB)
but issue with controls still there.

@mousumidas

That means license is properly loaded and applied.

This issue is reproduced at our end. Hence, we’ve logged it in our internal issue tracking system with ID CONVERSIONNET-4999. You’ll be notified in case of any update.

I want to add that issue with controls we saw while converting from XLS to PDF. Files are attached for your referenceGroupDocs_XLS_To_PDF.zip (169.5 KB)

@mousumidas

Could you please also share a screenshot highlighting the missing controls in PDF (that are available in the Excel file)? So far, the output looks good.

xls_button.PNG (42.3 KB)
xlstopdf_nobutton.PNG (109.0 KB)

Please find attached screen shots of xls file with button and converted pdf with no button.
Let me know if you need more information.

1 Like

@mousumidas

We are further looking into this issue. You’ll be notified in case of any update.

Is there any update for the controls issue. From HTML convert to PDF and from xls to PDF.

@mousumidas

We are still investigating this issue.

Just want to update, we used the aspose and it converted better and all controls showing better except alignment issue. Attached the code and converted file for it for your reference. Could you please let us know what change we can do in Groupdocs so that we can use the controls correctly. Aspose_HTML_To_PDF.zip (998.2 KB)

Could you please take the issue on priority and provide us the solution as we need to provide for POC for further work.

Also want to know if you have any tweak for the aspose generated PDF files for the alignment issue. Or I need to open ticket separately for aspose.

@mousumidas

HTML to PDF conversion issue is resolved in API version 21.12. Please have a look at this expected output.pdf (478.6 KB). Let us know if this output will work for you.

You can avail priority support here.

You can raise Aspose APIs related issue here.

Thank you for your response. Control looks much better. But it did not pull any data. We can try using the mentioned API version 21.12. Could you please tell me where I can download the API version 21.12.

The release is still under process. We’ll let you know once it’s available to download.

Could you please let us know when the API version 21.12 will be released.

1 Like

@mousumidas

Actually on further investigation we observed that the issue with the missing button when converting attached Xls to Pdf is actually not an issue. For reference when you try to print this sheet, or to export it to Pdf from Excel, the button is also missing. So this is not because of our Conversion API, it is actually the default behavior of the Spreadsheet.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONNET-4999) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by nikola.yankov