Conversion from Html to Excel using .NET

Hi,

I am trying to convert a sample html page to excel. The html page contains a table with background colour and some html controls. When I convert it to excel, the back ground colour and controls are not showing up in the generated file.

Is there any option to populate them?

I attach a sample html content for your reference.

Thanks & Regards
DSRK Balarka

Hi,

Thank you for using GroupDocs.Conversion API.

There is an option available to "ShowGridLines " for CellsSaveOptions where you can enable cells border in spreadsheet.
e.g

// Save options
SaveOptions saveOptions = new CellsSaveOptions
{
OutputType = OutputType.String,
ShowGridLines = true // display border for each all cells

};

However i have successfully re-produced this issue for cells background color at our end. I am creating ticket for this issue on our issue tracking system. Once we get any update from product team we will notify you here.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards,

Hi,

The same sample html I tried to convert to doc, it converted properly. but when I tried to convert the generated document into excel it is generating empty excel file.

Thanks & Regards
DSRK Balarka

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONNET-1207 ) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by groupdocs.notifier.

Hi,

Thank you for Exploring GroupDocs.Conversion API.

I have tested your mentioned scenario and found conversion is generating output which is attached with this thread. Converted file in excel format is missing background color which is already discussed and logged on our issue tracking system.
You are probably using unlicensed version API that is why you are facing this issue. kindly get free temporary license from here to evaluate further GroupDocs.Conversion API .

If you will need any help or you
will have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards,